Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Local BBQ legend has passed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Local BBQ legend has passed on

Wasn't sure if this goes here or maybe regional or in memorium I dunno...

So I've only eaten at the place a few times, the first few times when we first got here was really good and what got me ok with Eastern NC BBQ sauce. But the last few years before it closed the attention to detail fell by the wayside. Shortly after that it closed due to taxes. The restaurant is situated at one of our runway approach ends, but was always busy. Last year it was bought and brought back to life, so I'm glad Wilber died knowing his legacy is fully operational even with covid... Anyway, below is a nice video segment the Raleigh news does about local businesses and a nice goodbye from some of our small towns biggest names.

Originator of Wilber's BBQ wanted to make friends, not money :: WRAL.com

Great story.
    To bad there weren't more people like him by the sounds of it.

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks.

Comment

I don't get over that way very often, so last time I was at Wilbur's he was still running things. Some of my faves for sure...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here