Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the Mighty Have Fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell y'all what, I guess I'll take one for the team and dine there AGAIN next time I get sent to NY. I have eaten there in the past, ant it was, has been my favorite steakhouse, followed by St.Elmos, Bobs Steak and Chop house, and Old Hickory. While I have fond memories (and a framed menu to commemorate a certain event) I am not a so called Lugerite. I will try to be as impartial as I can. Maybe it's worth something to you all, but to me, tasting is believing. By the way, the also serve GREAT burgers, and lamb chops.

Comment

• Jon Liebers
      Jon Liebers commented
      Editing a comment
      and Shrimp Cocktail , and Bacon and pour a great drink

I agree with those who note that the rest of the industry has really come up to grade. I ate at Luger’s three years ago and just wasn’t that impressed. I think a lot of that had to do with the hype associated with being billed as the best steakhouse in America. Sorry, that was not my experience. It was good but the experience did not come close to justifying the hype (and the attitude from the staff). Frankly, Del Frisco’s in Fort Worth was much better and I’ve never had anything but a great meal at Peter Fleming’s. Regarding Peter Wells, not sure what to make of him — I thought his review of Fieri’s restaurant seemed gratuitously nasty. On the other hand, his criticism of Per Se may have led to a restoration of faded glory. Ate at Per Se two months ago and, hands down, the best meal I and my family have ever had.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here