Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Different Type of BBQ Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Different Type of BBQ Restaurant

Here is a link to the article about this BBQ restaurant:
    Barbecue Fast Casual Plans Global Expansion
    Inspired by Chipotle, the New York-based franchise is gearing up for major growth.

Thanks for sharing! Please remember- General Discussion (Off Topic), as its name implies, is for posts off the topic of BBQ. "BBQ" topics include food, cooking, gear, and even restaurants. Thanks!

Comment

I have been to Mighty Quinns before. The food was quite good. I had the beef rib and it was well cooked and seasoned.

But their concept doesn't seem that different from a lot of other barbecue restaurants. It was similar to Chipotle in that you go down the counter and get your meat, sides, etc. but I don't see that as a unique concept. I am hoping they can make this expansion work though. It would be nice to have a decent chain of barbecue restaurants out there.

Comment

Only time I went, they were too crowded for us to eat. My NYC co-workers like them a lot. On the other hand, they also said the pulled pork I fed them was the best ever. ;-)

Comment

I'd take a whack at it...

Comment

Come all without, Come all within.... you'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn?

Like Joe Sousa, I am a bit cynical about their invocation of Chipotle. The real miracle of Chipotle is being able to offer now 5-6 protein options (Chicken, Steak, Barbacoa, Carnitas, that soy thing, and occasional chorizo), and have like a billion possible combinations of menu items... the nigh infinite customizability, without the stress of parsing a million item menu.

MQ might make great Que. They can serve it like lunch ladies, and call it Chipotle-esque, but a quick review of the menu doesn't seem to have the same flex of Chipotle. I get it. It's a fast casual lunch spot. I guess that's Chipotle Enough.

When they get multiple outbreaks of norovirus, and I still go back, then they've reached full Chipotle.

Comment

They will be like all other franchises and vary greatly from location to location.

Comment

Also like JoeSousa and Potkettleblack , I don't see what so different about this. Dickey's has been around for a long time doing this format and many other regional chains, along with more BBQ places like this than I can count or remember. To claim they invented this format is kind of like Apple saying they invented the personal computer.

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
                  BriggsBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the uniqueness is they cater the flavors to the local palate to a certain extent. Not a pure KC or Texas style.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah, that's what ruined Thai food in America!

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are places here in Chicago that do that, places in St. Louis... it's really not that unique. It's the counter service franchising that I guess is novel, but they're still regional, to the NY area so far.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here