Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q

We were in Albuquerque last year and happened to stay right down the street from Rudy's BBQ. Food served on brown paper and by the pound. Brisket was excellent.

https://rudysbbq.com/location/detail...ue-carlisle-nm

One of the better chain BBQ joints.

Comment

Love Rudy's!

Comment

They are probably the best, or top 2-3 BBQ spots in Albuquerque. There are a few new spots I have not visited, but yes, their brisket is pretty good! Powdrell’s is family owned, local as well and another good spot.

Comment

Used to go there once a week when I lived in Austin. 1/4 pound of brisket, 1/4 pound turkey, lots of sauce and white bread. Delicious. I miss it.

Comment

Rudy's is pretty solid. I like their bbq rub too

Comment

If you’re going to eat chain BBQ, Rudy’s should be the first place you seek out! I’m a fan!

Comment

If it's anything like the original Leon Springs location, and I'm confident that it is, it's all good.

Comment

• MrMeat
                  MrMeat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used to get gas there all the time. Still a great place, but a lot more people live in the area now.

I used to live not far from the original Rudy's in Leon Springs, TX, next door to the original Macaroni Grill. 2 Awesome places back in the day. Have been impressed that Rudy's, even after it franchised, is still very good. I still go to the original a couple times a year. Great to hear they are still really good all the way out in NM.

Comment

• BFlynn
                  BFlynn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used to know their meat buyer. He said while all the Rudy's get great meat, the best of the bunch goes to their Spring, Tx location. It (at least at the time) was their highest volume location.

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice tongue!! Let me have that lingua to smoke !!!

I love their breakfast tacos!

Comment

• BFlynn
                  BFlynn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amen brother! A brisket egg and cheese taco is the BEST way to start your day.

• cashelton
                  cashelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess I understand why more places don't do breakfast tacos...but I don't understand why more places don't do breakfast tacos

Gotta admit, I go there here in Katy !!
                Last edited by Troutman; July 3, 2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No shame in that! The list of bbq restaurants I actually like is fairly short, but Rudy's is on there.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here