Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paydirt!! Real BBQ found in NJ!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paydirt!! Real BBQ found in NJ!!

Yesterday I was talking steakhouses in NYC w a buddy at Jiu Jitsu. I was lamenting the lack of good bbq and he mentioned that his wife, a Texan, agreed BUT mentioned she liked a place about 5 miles from my house. I took this as a sign and made a little field trip today. What a pleasant surprise. Red White & Que is located in Kearny NJ in a little hole in the wall. I ordered brisket, Mac and cheese and pickles and onions. Delicious. Great bark. If you’re in northern NJ is is DEFINITELY worth a stop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAF6CBB2-885A-42A7-8281-4F66D2503F99.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	702487Click image for larger version

Name:	A92D0F5E-57D2-4650-BB70-EECEFDFB762F.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	702489Click image for larger version

Name:	D5FD5DA5-6135-4F33-BFE3-E0AD4C56D926.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	702488Click image for larger version

Name:	3E9DDBB2-A752-498B-A3FE-1C5734DC45D8.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	702486

If I'm ever in Jersey it means I took a wrong turn thousands of miles back!

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

But do they have beer?

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative. BYOB...?

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      😑😑😑
      We gotta figure out how and when to get together. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
      Sooner than later my friend. πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
    But do they have beer?
    Wear a Yeti over the shoulder insulated man satchel,,,or grab a sixer of PBR’s in a brown bag cuz they taste as good warm as they do cold eatin some good Q

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thats the same expression I have after some good q

Comment

Whoda thunk. Very Jealous!

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m assuming finding real bbq in Massachusetts is as difficult as NJ.

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct, there are some good places but you have to drive. Boston has good Q but then you have to deal with driving in Boston! Less traffic and road rage in my backyard and the Q is pretty good.

What a wonderful Discovery, Brother!

I'm delighted fer ya; such places have largely faded away into th sunset, as th original founders slowly succumb to Time...

Even when others take over th name, often even family, most times, sadly, th Magic is lost...fer that's all in th whole wide world great cookin is, is Magic...not everybody is born with that particular gift, even if they learn alla their lives at th side of one who was...

Thanks fer yer review, an th great selfie, whatta pleasure to see yer smilin face, warmed th very cockles of my ol heart, considerable!

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brother! Really appreciate your kind words. Yeah the owner is an ex Marine. Lots of decorations reflecting that and the good ol US of A. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        JCBBQ
        Lol ask around; there is no kinda sucha thing as an 'Ex-Marine', ...only 'Former Marines'
        Looks like my kinda Joint, start to finish, even over those that begin with a 1.5 Boris...

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Sooo true Mr. Bones about your first post.
        So many times the family ,kids, run a great business into the ground. Sad. I saw it happen to the shop next to mine about 8 years ago.

Neat when you trip over a really good eatery.
      Mr. Bones is right the old Mom n Pop places slowly go by the wayside and are replaced by franchised mass produced fodder for the masses.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agree. There’s a Dinosaur BBQ not too far away and it feels fake - like a Hardrock Cafe franchise.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Ewwwww. "feelin fake" BBQ gives me th queasies, even from 1127.98 miles away, as th Crow flies, kinda all chicken skin, like when a goose walks over yer grave...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 27, 2019, 09:27 PM. Reason: fixed my typo, apu...:o I type faster than my brain can autocorrect, typically

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        @Mr.Bones LOL

It's always nice to find a good eatery - especially if it's Q.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        100%

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I know where one is, out here on Th Plains...
        Yall holler, then stop on by...
        Easily th best bang per buck, cause I won't accept a red cent, nor a plugged, (or even a wooden) nickel, from any Pit Members...

accordin to my Birth Certificate, this here is one a them there Limited Time Offers...

Nice! I will def check this place out.

Comment

Looking good Jersey Bear!!!

Great to hear you found a spot. I have the same problem in MN. I know how pumped I was when I found two spots with note worth BBQ. It is a great victory indeed.

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Glad you found a good one in your part of the woods. Even if searched high and low I just ain't going to get lucky.

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha I forgot you’re in South Africa!!

Even in Texas there are more less than great places than really good ones. I'm glad you found a good one near you. Sometimes it's nice to let someone else do the cooking and clean up!

Comment

I watch a number of TV shows since I'm retired devoted to the Q and take several magazines also. There is good Q in nearly every state in the union. They may be few and far between but they are there. We have one an hour from me that was written up by Southern Living. One 2 hours from me written up by the NY Times. I have read or seen great BBQ spots from Maine to Hawaii. It may only be one per state but they are out there.

Here is one list of the best of the best by MSN It is based on various sources:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...EGgZT#image=22

Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 28, 2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Well look at that! Your article has this place as best Que in NJ!!

With yer mustache a little greyer & yer glasses on a little jaberwacky now there are at least two great Q joints, yers & that one. Apologize fer our other members in Jerseyland. At this time I don’t recollect who they be. Γ°ΕΈβ€’ΒΆ

The ceiling in that place must be a hundred years old.
          Last edited by FireMan; June 28, 2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here