Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly the best Diner in NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly the best Diner in NJ

Diners - one of the great things about living in NJ! Tops Diner in East Newark is my favorite. So many things on the menu that it’s hard to choose. Tonight I went with their "Kansas City Burger" - patty, pulled pork, bacon, onion rings, cole slaw and KC bbq sauce. I feel pregnant but it’s worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB33D6E6-7F4A-4C4B-A03B-36C56759E965.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	479151

Diners are one of the few things I miss about living on Long Island. That burger looks great.

Comment

This the place?

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s the one.

Looks and sounds pretty dang tasty.

Comment

Time to hit the mat again! LOL. Looks great man, even the bun looks killer.

Comment

Classic Diner architecture too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tops diner pic.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	479213

Comment

That looks over the Top!! I've started to compile a list of places I need to visit and eat at once I'm retired. Not all BBQ joints but some fine dining establishments as well as diners like this might make my list.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Another classic in that area is the Tick Tock on Rte 3. Their motto, displayed under the clock on the roof, is "Eat Heavy." They mean it! http://www.ticktockdiner.com

Comment

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I’ve been there. Definitely a classic! Tops is only 15 mins from my house so when I have a hankering for Diner food that’s usually where I end up.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here