Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Smoke N Grill, Hamilton, NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Smoke N Grill, Hamilton, NJ

BF had been talking this place up, tonight he brought home a goodie bag: wings, pit beef, rib tips, and corn bread. The sauces were buffalo, blue cheese, horseradish, texas, and montana. Nothing was pre-sauced (including wings).

Wings - I don't like my smoked wings deep fried. These tasted like what you'd get anywhere. Not getting again.

Rib Tips - too done, tough to eat. We'll probably have these as a snack sometime. Not getting again.

Pit Beef - This was good. Nice smoke and good flavor. Tried with horsey, TX, and MT. Liked TX the least. Will get again.

Corn bread - Nice and moist, yummy! BF didn't get enough.

I liked the MT sauce, very rich flavor. The TX sauce tasted like the MT, just with the flavor dialed way back.

Montana sauce? I lived in Montana (not exactly BBQ country) for more than a few years and never heard of that. What's it like?

Comment

• Atalanta
      Atalanta commented
      Editing a comment
      It's MO not MT sauce. I was corrected. It was thick with a smokey front and a stone fruit back.

I think that's what it was called (has a M on the top of the container). It was thick and had a smoky taste. Next time I have some, I'll do a bit more "analysis" I thought it sounded odd too.

Comment

Living in nj, being from Texas, I have yet to find a bbq joint where I could say wow, that was good Q. I reckon that's why I joined here. not only to make good bbq but to learn good bbq techniques. If I go to a bbq joint (maybe once a year), I get disappointed. The only one to me that I revert back to is famous daves. And that's due mainly to his sauces. Maybe my expectations are to high. Maybe I'm just cheap and don't wanna drop 50 bucks on a meal that I know I can make better that I can cook myself and enjoy with my neighbors.

Comment

Nuke em , I hear ya dude! There's no BBQ culture in NJ. I've given up on the places in Jersey City - they're all about the décor and not the food! That said, there is a place in Newark that I just heard about that might be good. Are you in north NJ?

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          And if you're in Central NJ and know of anyplace, that would be appreciated too.

No I'm in south jersey. West Berlin area. Not far from cherry hill area. Out in the woods type guy. Just me my dog and my cookers. Oh yeah, and the better half(dang, almost forgot bout her. Where'd she go? Oh well. She'll be back once I start the cookers back up)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here