Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rooftop Smokehouse, Barcelona, Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooftop Smokehouse, Barcelona, Spain

Hello All,

While traveling on vacation, food is always my main priority. Especially when someone who puts his absolute passion and commitment in his work/craft (Chefs/Restaurants). Then you note that you've experienced something more than just filling your gut. As worthy as a museum, theatre or music. While I happen to be in Barcelona, I stumbled across a place called "Rooftop Smokehouse". Fate!!

It's not really a restaurant more of a "Smoke Project". They host lunch/dinner couple of times a month, served on communal tables. More refined smoked food, than American style Barbecue. Every dish contains an element of a smoked item (Smoked "low and slow" or over direct wood-fire). It's quite ineteresting to see smoked food offered in a refined dining experience.

I was first attracted by the Pastrami they sell and offer at a cocktail bar. Made a booking and not to be disappointed. Chef Buster (British) & his staff are quite talented, would definitely visit again. Considering they cook the freshest products in season and changes constantly. Good company, good food, good wine! what could go wrong. They also offer workshops, fermenting kimchi and sauerkraut class.

They use a stove as the firebox and transfer the smoke and heat via a duct to a makeshift smoker chamber made out of a reach-in fridge. They burn local dried woods, mainly Oak.

The Pastrami is really good, they pride themselves on the quality of the beef. A rare breed, I forgot from where but not "Rubia Gallega". 2-week brining process then smoked. The Smoked Butter, blew me away!! The smoke flavor was profound but still not over whelming, very enjoyable. Let alone the quality of butter and the bread was a gift from the angels. For the Aioli, they smoke duck eggs, then emulsify it with oil and garlic to create the Aioli. Everything else was up to par and satisfying.

Album:
    -Details under pictures-

Last edited by fetyani; September 13, 2017, 10:36 PM.

What a great experience.

Comment

Check out the wooden barrel smoker! Could this be the inspiration and predecessor to the PBC?

Comment

Yep, that wooden barrel smoker sure is cool!

Comment

Wow, that is very cool!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here