Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

你好 from Taiwan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

你好 from Taiwan!

Baba Kevin here, and I've been cookin the most legit American BBQ in Asia since 2009. We run a catering and hot delivery service in the greater Taipei area of Taiwan, and also distribute frozen foods to the whole island. Folks out here go crazy for our short ribs and pulled pork, and they're starting to appreciate real brisket and mustard based BBQ sauce. Importing wood here is tricky, but we got our supply of hickory, mesquite, cherry, and a few local fruit woods. If you're out here on business or just for the sites, look us up at https://www.88k.com.tw. Guaranteed, you won't be able to tell I'm not from Texas. Safe travels!

Welcome man and thanks for the support!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!!! We are glad that you are here. Sounds like you are spreading the BBQ word around the island. We'd like to see some pics of that grub you guys make for people. Once again, welcome.

Comment

I think something is lost in the Google translation. Smoking with Texas shrubs.
        Fresh full point after the selected US pork bellies ribs, tasty marinade, then simmered with hickory smoked, unique taste, family separation Ruannen, good taste will take you one mouthful
        And I love the smoke ring.

Texas shrub smoked bone beef short ribs

Limited Purchase Texas BBQ shrubs smoked beef short ribs with bones, chunks of the top super thick cut of beef.
        Get 2.5 kg heavy top meat, smoked bush with US imports up to 6 hours before by a red circle our unique smoked BBQ.

Comment

88K commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that steak in your photo! Yeah, I'm putting in hard work to spread the knowledge and create an appreciation for the food I grew up on. Translating this is not easy, but you can select English in the top right corner of our site;-)

你好爸爸KEVIN. Do you build all your barbecue grills? I'm still looking for a decent one to buy that won't fall apart or poison my guests. I've been wanting to go to Taiwan (I'm in Wenzhou) and if they've got a shop with decent grills, I'll have to buy one while I'm there. I'm really big on inspecting goods before buying. I was just in the States and paying the extra luggage charge to bring a 22" Weber here would have cost $200, more than the grill itself.

Comment

88K commented
          Editing a comment
          The pits I built are far too big to fit on a plane. You'll have to boat them back to China, and it'll be way more than $200. We run three commercial smokers and a custom built brick pit. Hit me up when you're in town and let's see what'll work for you.

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Comment

Welcome Aboard Baba Kevin!

Comment

Thanks for warm welcome everybody! Too many pics to upload here, but just a few recent shots. Very interesting place, Taiwan. Next hostess bar we cater, I'll snap some shots for the guys.

So far, everyone here loves my BBQ. Look forward to more time on the forums now that the busy season has passed.

Comment

Glad to have you hear. I love me some xiao long bao and Din Tai Feng is my favorite. There is a perfectly decent BBQ place in Beijing called Home Plate but I will definitely come check your Q. In a year and a half I never found decent Q in Hong Kong, KL, Jakarta, Singapore or Tokyo. SO the "best in Asia" may not be that high a bar---nonetheless I am happy for you and wish you the best!

Comment

In case some didnt notice--- the number 8 is pronounce ba in Mandarin. So 88K = Ba Ba K right? And
                烤
                is pronounced kao (but third tone... falling then rising.. so ba ba kao

Comment

烤 means roasted...more or less

Comment

You got it Fracmeister. Baba sounds like Papa. When our oldest daughter was just learning to talk, she said, "Baba BBQ so good!" And the name just stuck.
                    Rest assured, my Q is legit. I'm a KCBS CBJ and got a few other KCBSrs out here who just wouldn't believe I'm from Cali. Father was a firefighter, I was a paramedic, learned to cook on the camp grounds and kept up the skills. Got a push from some great friends, both chefs, to go into catering and I took the leap. It was a tough start but we're going strong. Food biz is much more complicated that I ever expected, but it's getting better. Ban is soon to be lifted on Japanese beef, really looking forward to that here. Next step is importing our own meats. I strongly believe US exporters only send us the rejects, not the good stuff.

Comment

Welcome from Western Canada!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood. Broil King’s proprietary, dual-tube burners get hot fast and are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. The quality cast aluminum housing carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Click here to read ourcompletereview

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Green Mountain Grills Trek smoker

Green Mountain Grills Trek smoker

Green Mountain’s portable Trek Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it’s also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Trek from your smart phone or laptop.