Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy Fieri's Restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy Fieri's Restaurant

The wife and I just returned from a several day adventure to Vegas. We stayed at "The Linq", which happens to be home to Guy Fieri's restaurant.On two different visits there we had some terrific eating. One was truffle infused french fries, without exception the best fries that have ever touched my lips. But without question, off the top, indescribable, ruin you forever, were his nachos! Think of a small scale charcoal chimney with a removable flat bottom. This is what he built/layered and cooked the nachos in. Including but not limited to cheeses, brisket, jalapeños and much more. They bring this to your table, then while holding it above a large plate, slide the removable flat bottom off the chimney, and you have a perfect stack of delectable nachos that this authors writing cannot give proper justice to! While I cannot wait to have these again one day, I fully understand that I am now totally ruined to any other nachos ever satisfying these lips! BTW, both above items are enough for two glutinous appetites. (one per visit) IE: Huge servings!

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a great time. I think I've seen this on his show, or maybe it was his parents' restaurant.

Comment

When I watch Diners, drive-in and dives I often think about this famous restauranteur going into other people's kitchens and watching them cook their best stuff. I'm sure he copies the best of the best in his own restaurants. That's ALMOST highway robbery.😎

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        I see what you did there.

• Greg A BigBillsFan
        Greg A BigBillsFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't we all learn that way though? While I re-create many things I encounter in my own flair if you will, they still are born from my life exposure to the original idea. Isn't that what we are all members here for anyway. To share and learn, right!

(greg) A BigBillsFan ... I agreed with your statement 100%. Response to your post #3.2

However... Restauranteur's are usually very protective of their signature dishes. Most of the chefs he works with are very hesitant to give ALL of the fine details on their dishes to the camera but he, Guy, gets to see it all in fine detail.

Anyone that is responsible for putting a menu together would love to have all that access.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here