Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellloooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellloooo

Anybody else in the Cornusker State out here?!

Not currently but I spent the first 18 years off my life there. I live in Michigan now. Where in Nebraska are you from?

Just noticed what sub-forum you posted this in...might want to try the introduce yourself section.
    Last edited by Jmoscrip; July 19, 2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I'm from Lincoln

Comment

I'm from Omaha. Since this is a restaurant thread. Any good one's you would recommend? I've heard Phat Jack's in Lincoln is good, tried to go there once and saw a "Sold Out" sign... disappointed.

Comment

Phat Jack's is good... but very overpriced. Their burnt ends are the best I've ever had... but you do have to get there early in the afternoon to get any. They're also closed to go to competitions on the weekends usually, so it's not very convenient for most folks. Anything good up in Omaha?

Comment

Yes - Another Husker here! From Edgar, southwest of Lincoln about 100 miles.

Comment

Looks like i'm the Husker living the furthest west. Live in Morrill. It's about 8 miles from the Wyoming border. Have football season tix so get to Lincoln frequently in the fall. Go Big Red!

Comment

Grew up in Lex and now residing in Papillion. I have yet to find a BBQ joint in the Omaha area that keeps calling my name. My wife fancies Parker's Smokehouse just west of Ashland. Hartland isn't bad, but they don't make their own ice tea (Pepsi BIB) so I don't go over there too often. My favorite is Big Horn Mountain on 13th Street & Vinton just north of I-80. They changed hands a few years ago and the quality has gone down a little bit, but not enough to keep me away. I like their hot BBQ sauce and usually take home an extra pint. I am hoping we can check out the BBQ joints in Gretna this winter.

Comment

Howdy! Another from the Husker State here! Hope to get to know some of you better in the future!

I've had Parker's Smokehouse, and find it to be about average at best... I do however enjoy Phat Jacks... I enjoy the rib tips, as well as the brisket... I've also hit the We'll Smoke You BBQ, and thought it was decent as well...

I've got to say, I generally prefer BBQ of the Homemade variety! 3/4 of the fun and enjoyment is the prep, and the cook itself!

Keep on Smokin' Everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here