Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City Butcher & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Butcher & BBQ

If you're ever in Springfield, MO, and craving good BBQ, City Butcher & BBQ is no doubt the best option. They open at 11:00 and close when they run out, and you better get there early if you want to sample the ribs or pork belly. I had the brisket and it was tender and juicy. The sauces were so so, but the meat is so good it hardly matters. Friends with trusted pallets had the pulled pork and the pork belly and said both were delicious. I'm not a chorizo guy but my brother said it was his favorite of all he sampled. Opening at 11:00 and closing when you run out ensures a fresh product without having to mass produce it and keep it warm until 9:00 p.m. Get there early!

I have not had their bbq, but I did check the place out back when he was just running a charcuterie and the prices more than scared me off. I get it, I would charge that too with the south side clientelle, but not for me especially condsidering all the deer processers who double as butchers outside of town. I would be interested in the bbq though, how do their prices compare to the other guys around town?

Comment

I will have to check that one out, I love the places that just cook what they cook, you know it is gonna be fresh.

Comment

The prices are a little higher than most places but the quality is so much higher than other places in town that I think it's worth treating yourself at least once.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here