Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations in St. Louis and Kansas City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations in St. Louis and Kansas City?

I'm going to be visiting family in MO at the end of March, and I'm looking for the "can't-miss" BBQ places that I should try while I'm there. I'll be in St. Louis for only a couple of days, and in Kansas City for four days. I appreciate any advice y'all can give me.

Pappy’s in St. Louis- Beast BBQ in Belleville Il. (About 20 min East of St. Louis)

Comment

In KC, Arthur Bryant’s at 17th and Brooklyn and Oklahoma Joes.

Comment

KC Oklahoma Joes, there’s several others there I can’t remember the names but you can easily find them with a internet search. You’re gonna have a great time I’m sure.

Comment

Q39 and Jack Stack are my favorites in KC.

Comment

Pappy’s in St Louis. Their ribs are delicious and unique and I have not solved the magic ingredient. The Fine Swine in New Baden is very good as well.

Comment

Q39 and SLAPs are the 'don't miss' spots in KC. I'd recommend Q39 for dinner and SLAPs for lunch. Neither may be the 'big' names around KC, but they both serve up excellent Q.

In St. Louis, I've only been once, but Salt + Smoke was very tasty.

Comment

• Faninthestand20
                Faninthestand20 commented
                Editing a comment
                In St. Louis. Pappy’s is great, having my son’s rehearsal dinner at Salt +Smoke, the Beast is another great spot
                Last edited by Faninthestand20; December 30, 2019, 09:49 PM. Reason: Didn’t give the city

Thanks for all the recommendations so far, guys! I already knew about Joe's and Pappy's, but was hoping to find some hidden treasures as well, that may not have the hype (or crowds). And you guys have certainly helped with that. Keep 'em comin', if you have any more.

Comment

Q39. Amazing BBQ. dave_trimble

Comment

Might wanna give BB's Lawnside BBQ a fair shake...
                  I've performed there, an eaten there countless times. Always been greatly pleased....
                  Lindsay Shannon is th Proprietor, always has done right by me...
                  Small Blues/BBQ joint, with a lot of history!

1205 E. 85th Street
                  Kansas City, MO 64131
                  816-8BB-RIBS (822-7427)

Comment

• Butchman
                    Butchman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr. Bones is right on here with this recommendation! I’ve heard Jack Stack is great too.

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep... BB's is worth the trip.

I found Joe's to be pretty "meh". We went in mid-afternoon, so it wasn't the hottest time, maybe it was kinda old que, but I wasn't impressed with much of it.

Q39 was pretty dang good, though. I've got some pictures around here....

Comment

I’ve been to Gates in KC many times. If I were there now I’d hit BBS and Jack Stack, never been to em but have heard rave reviews about them. I went to Oklahoma Joes once about 7 years ago and it was fantastic.

Comment

In St Louis I'd check out Pappy’s and SugarFire (there's several locations)

Comment

You should treat yourself to lunch at LC's Bar-b-q on the MO side of Kansas City. Old school goodness.

Comment

SugarFire in St. Louis, there brisket sandwich is great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here