Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations in St. Louis and Kansas City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evollbrecht
    replied
    Q39 in Kansas City, hands down the best barbeque restaurant I have ever eaten at. I am in Kansas City a few times each year and try eating at new barbeque restaurant each time and hit up a "old favorite" as well. Jack Stack's is also very good upscale place, get the beef ribs. While is KC be sure to check out the Kansas City BBQ Store, very cool place to look around lay hands on things that might be hard to find in your area. Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Leave a comment:

• N227GB
    replied
    Lamb ribs at Jack Stack's Freight House!

Leave a comment:

• PJBowmaster
    replied
    Can't help you with St. Louis. But in the Kansas City area I really like Woodyard Bar-B-Que. It's located on Merriam Lane in Kansas City, Kansas. I've been there a couple times and tried each of their meats. They were all terrific. Cool spot that also serves cold beer. Make sure to get the Burnt Ends Chile....

Leave a comment:

• dshaffes
    replied
    I would also put on the list Bogards's Smokehouse in the Soulard section of St. Louis. Interesting neighborhood and they serve up some really good BBQ. Pappy's is a classic, but there are some additional newish places: Salt and Smoke, SugarFire, Adam's Smokehouse, Beast Craft BBQ. Lastly there is a place called Grace Meat + 3 that has a great chef (formerly of Southern next door to Pappy's). The menu is a little more broader than a traditional BBQ joint, but the food was outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• tpobst
    replied
    SugarFire in St. Louis, there brisket sandwich is great.

Leave a comment:

• Skin13
    replied
    You should treat yourself to lunch at LC's Bar-b-q on the MO side of Kansas City. Old school goodness.

Leave a comment:

• cuda1965
    replied
    In St Louis I'd check out Pappy’s and SugarFire (there's several locations)

Leave a comment:

• Butchman
    replied
    I’ve been to Gates in KC many times. If I were there now I’d hit BBS and Jack Stack, never been to em but have heard rave reviews about them. I went to Oklahoma Joes once about 7 years ago and it was fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Butchman
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones is right on here with this recommendation! I’ve heard Jack Stack is great too.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    Here, I found 'em - https://trdoc21.smugmug.com/Q39/

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    I found Joe's to be pretty "meh". We went in mid-afternoon, so it wasn't the hottest time, maybe it was kinda old que, but I wasn't impressed with much of it.

Q39 was pretty dang good, though. I've got some pictures around here....

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Might wanna give BB's Lawnside BBQ a fair shake...
    I've performed there, an eaten there countless times. Always been greatly pleased....
    Lindsay Shannon is th Proprietor, always has done right by me...
    Small Blues/BBQ joint, with a lot of history!

1205 E. 85th Street
    Kansas City, MO 64131
    816-8BB-RIBS (822-7427)

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Q39. Amazing BBQ. dave_trimble

Leave a comment:

• dave_trimble
    replied
    Thanks for all the recommendations so far, guys! I already knew about Joe's and Pappy's, but was hoping to find some hidden treasures as well, that may not have the hype (or crowds). And you guys have certainly helped with that. Keep 'em comin', if you have any more.

Leave a comment:

• T-bone
    replied
    Q39 and SLAPs are the 'don't miss' spots in KC. I'd recommend Q39 for dinner and SLAPs for lunch. Neither may be the 'big' names around KC, but they both serve up excellent Q.

In St. Louis, I've only been once, but Salt + Smoke was very tasty.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here