Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying meat to smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuke em
    replied
    You don't have to apologize for late responses. We are just a bunch of laid back people with a passion for two things. Good food and good techniques.

Leave a comment:

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    I know it's great stuff. A County Sheriff (now deceased) would hold an annual "Road Kill" barbecue. Trust me, it was every type of game found in Missouri, and it was great!

• BigCountryQ
    commented on 's reply
    It's one of my favorite things to smoke! I host a wild game dinner for family every year from game that I've harvested throughout the year!

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, and I apologize for the late response! I have never smoked game before, but looking forward to it whenever I can get out in the woods, now that I am retired.

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry about my late response. Thanks much for the recommendation!

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I have been a member close to a year now, but new on the forum thing.

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry about my late response. Thank you for the recommendation!!

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry about my late response. Thanks Much!
    I will check in at the Introduction channel.

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry about my late response. Thanks Much!

• sheltonjs
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry about my late response. Hey to you, and Thanks Much!

• sheltonjs
    replied
    I am a little slow on posting on Forums and then finding where I posted. I sincerely appreciate your responses and recommendations. I am originally from Missouri, and now back in the KC area. I spent several years in eastern North Carolina, and it took me a while to get accustomed to their style of sauces, nearly all vinegar and pepper based. I do like KC styles of all types.

Again, I apologize for my late response! Thanks Much !!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    sheltonjs I live not far west of KC, in Larryville.
    I get probably 90-95% of my smoker meats from Hy Vee, or Sprouts. I search th' online ads relentlessly, buy in quantity when on great sales!!!
    Howdy Neighbor!!!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome sheltonjs! A couple other great online sources popular with many are Snake River Farms, Flannery, and for burger Pat Lafrieda. For more options you could check out Meathead's Artisan Foods page, with both raw and cooked suppliers.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    sheltonjs I buy most of my meat at my local Sam's Club. Welcome to The Pit and we'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute.

Leave a comment:

• Brewmaster
    replied
    Have had great luck with Creekstone Beef online and they are located in the KC area

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo