Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to Bogart's on Labor Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Bogart's on Labor Day

report to follow

Well???? IMWTK!

Comment

Burnt ends.... I loved them!

Bogart's is awesome. If you have been to St. Louis I am sure you went to Pappy's. This place is different, yet similar as the Pappy's pitmaster set this all up and is there often. Very helpful, casual. I got a nice tour of the smokers out back. They smoke the ribs at 250 in a big gas ignited wood fueled smoker with the meat on rotating racks. They had all cherry wooed the day I was there but use various fruit woods. The brisket is rubbed w dalmatian+ a bit of garlic powder. The rib rub has salt in it so they dont dry brine but leave it on for 4-6 hours before smoking. They glaze with an apricot glaze and hit the ribs with a big roofer's torch powered by propane. Caramelizes the sauce pronto...quite the site to see. I was thinking a dinky torch like mine but this is awesome. I am definitely going to get one as it is my kind of overkill. The sides were great esp the beans and pickles but by far the most awesome food item was the burnt ends. The meat that wasn't the crispy part was heavenly and when combined with the crunchy stuff...well I was astounded.

Go early. By the time we finished the line was long. This was definitely a Memphis slant on St Louis BBQ. But remember guys...any place like STL that can do such a great job with BBQ and such a HORRIBLE job with pizza has a kind of bipolar thing going so come hungry and stick with the winner.

Had to buy a shirt

Long lines form. Go early
      Last edited by fracmeister; September 1, 2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here