Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandemic impact to restaurants - Franklin BBQ example.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandemic impact to restaurants - Franklin BBQ example.

I ran across this documentary that was recently released. It is thought provoking and sad to say the least.

I watched Episode 7 on Franklin BBQ and my thoughts and hopes are with them and all the others as they try to survive in these difficult times.

Very interestin, an inciteful.
    Thanks fer sharin!
    Hope alla yall there's doin okay after Delta...

Comment

Interesting video. Can you imagine the next tiers down on the restaurant hierarchy!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear from the owners perspective.

Comment

Very sobering.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I watched Episode 4 with Suerte, because I recognized the name from the Netflix show "Taco Chronicles". Suerte was one of the restaurants featured in the episode "Suadero Tacos" which I watched just last night.

I know all restaurants are impacted with this, but seeing last night how busy they were to now.....crazy.

Comment

Yet another reason to tell people to shove it when they say you should open a restaurant.

Comment

Sobering indeed. I was born and raised in the hospitality industry. It is heartbreaking to see so many of my friends have to deal with this. I wish I could give them all jobs!

Comment

Very sobering. There are a few restaurants we order from regularly, and we try to tip as much as we can.

Man, those brisket slices looked really good. I know, I got distracted...

Comment

Thank you for sharing that. Wow.....much of what Aaron says mimics my own feelings.

At my university, one our our jewels is our College of Hotel and Restaurant Management. For obvious reasons, it is not one of our more popular majors at the moment. Part of me is thankful we didn't have spring commencement. Giving a commencement speech to a new HRM grad would not be a task I would envy.

Comment

Around my part of Alabama, due to my wife's situation, I've gotten a good amount of take-out which I usually pickup at the curb. Lately, the restaurants near me seem to have full parking lots, for folks dining in the restaurant. Many of the smaller locally owned places I used to frequent have also gone under, or closed one or more locations in town. I know in a lot of other states, things are still shut down more than here though. It seems some places could survive selling take-out, but many could not.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Hard times for this country and the world. Focus on the good.

Comment

Very interesting piece.
                          I admire him for his optimism and willingness to change on the fly to keep his business running.
                          The fact that he has a large following will help him survive where others may/will not.
                          Last Friday because of a perceived second wave of Covid the Ontario gov't shut down all indoor dining rooms in the GTA again for 28 days.
                          Estimate at least 60,000 people out of work again.
                          They can still have outdoor patio's and delivery/take out. Only problem with patio's is like most in northern climates its starting to get too cold for people to sit out at night even with heaters.
                          Sad situation for everyone.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for this! My opinion of Aaron Franklin has risen even higher. I am so glad to have eaten at his place a few years ago and I hope to again; lines be damned? :<).

My best wishes to you all and to Franklin BBQ!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here