Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 BBQ Travels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 BBQ Travels

During 2019 I traveled to six states other than Virginia to eat BBQ...Here are some collages of my travels...2020 has already gotten started with a great road trip...

Pit Pictures...clockwise from top left...ZZQ - Sam Jones BBQ - Skylight Inn -'Martin's BBQ Joint - 17th St BBQ - Old City BBQ - Rodney Scott's BBQ - the woodpile at Skylight Inn - Margo at ZZQ
    Click image for larger version  Name:	622EBBCF-69A2-4683-B836-AC3FCD330F47.jpeg Views:	26 Size:	1,016.3 KB ID:	797962

Best Bites...Peg Leg Porker - 17th St BBQ - The Bar-B-Q Shop - Charlie Vergos Rendezvous - B E Scott's Parkers- Dyers Burgers - Martin's BBQ Joint - Beach Bully BBQ - ZZQ
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C368A110-7FEE-4DB4-890C-C48FBA5F9E86.jpeg Views:	26 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	797963

ZZQ - Skylight Inn - Sam Jones BBQ - Virginia Diner - Old City BBQ - Fatty Smokes - The Dirty Pig Key West - ZZQ - Rodney Scott's BBQ
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0242741C-35BF-4A3C-9C96-43DA4E1C3C8E.jpeg Views:	26 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	797964
    Last edited by clb239; January 31, 2020, 09:04 AM.

I am envious, but have you been to Cowlings on 460? It's a few miles before the Va Diner and on the opposite side of the road. It's the first place I had BBQ and that was back in the early '70s. My wife loves their fried chicken, but I always get a pork sammy and homemade onion rings.
    Let me know if you decide to go and want some company.

https://cowlings-barbeque-inc.busine...edium=referral
    Last edited by RonB; January 30, 2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• clb239
      clb239 commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB I have not been there yet. It us on the to visit list though.

Epic travels!

Comment

What a great trip. Looks like it was a blast. Well done sir...

Comment

• clb239
        clb239 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, they were some truly great meals...

It wasn't just one trip. It was a couple trips and some single meal stops...

The first collage of food was mostly from the trip I took to Illinois for a class.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice.Still must have been a lot of fun.

• clb239
        clb239 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was all a lot of fun...

Wow.

Comment

There are a few disadvantages to living in California.

Comment

Very nice presentation. I tend to report these individually but your collage approach was well done !!

Comment

• clb239
            clb239 commented
            Editing a comment
            I do that as well but I did the collages as Instagram posts to highlight the year so I figured I would upload them here as well...

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here