Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC'Rib / Subway Pit smoke Brisket Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely eat at McDonalds, but I will pick 2 McRibs for $5 sometime this fall. And that will last me until next year. My wife asked for one without the bbq sauce. Only pickles, onion and mustard. They refused her request, the pork patties are swimming in sauce in a container waiting to be slid into a bun.

Comment

Had a McRib last week. Had more flavor than some of the other offerings but definitely not a rib. I would order again next year if I happened to be in a store.

Comment

The McRib is a reformed patty of something that may or may not started out as meat, covered in a WAY too sugary sauce, put in a bun that has a very "industrial" flavor and texture. Despite all that, I still have to get a few while they are available, because heaven help me, for some reason I really enjoy the darned things.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          You and me both. A couple of years ago I swore off them for about a week, then I gave in and got the 2 for $5 deal.

• crazytown3
          crazytown3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in there too. I may need professional help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D503FC6-3FB3-4C02-BB1C-7ABC34558085.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	757261 If anyone craves the McRib when they are not available there are always these two options in the freezer case of your grocery store

Click image for larger version

Name:	A27617E5-A0D4-44AE-A97F-41A60CF12503.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	757260

Comment

• DiverDriver
          DiverDriver commented
          Editing a comment
          O-Cor ingredient list
          Pork and Chicken Rib-shaped Patties: Pork, chicken, water, textured soy protein concentrate, contains less than 2% of the following: tomato powder, sugar, salt, sodium phosphate, vinegar powder (maltodextrin, modified food starch, vinegar solids), hydrolyzed soy protein, spices, onion powder, garlic powder, wheat flour, nonfat dry milk, natural hickory smoke flavor.

• crazytown3
          crazytown3 commented
          Editing a comment
          ssandy_561 I really wish you had not posted this. Now i'm going to be seeking these out when McRib season is over. Heaven help me.

I used to love the McRib but find that McD’s stopped appealing to me 20 years ago so haven’t had a restructured Pork patty sandwich in at least that long. But hey, having said that, what doesn’t kill ya makes you stronger!!!!

(or so they say)

Comment

Meathead has a recipe for a knock-off McRib, except it calls for leftover REAL ribs, give it a try! (And yeah, McRib's just a ground pork patty with onion pickle and BBQ sauce, what's not to love?)

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            We have a BBQ joint that has an incredible ground pork patty. They call it the Triple Pig. They fresh grind pork daily, make 8 oz. patties and grill them over open flame. They then dip the whole patty in BBQ sauce and put it on a brioche bun and top with two thick cut pieces of bacon and a slice of cheddar cheese. They finally top it with some pulled pork and an onion ring.

It’s on their healthy request menu. 😁

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm confused by the term "leftover real ribs."
            Last edited by Steve R.; October 18, 2019, 01:31 PM.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve R. Lol, right? I hear it happens some places, like northern lights.

Damm Is this what AR pitmaster forum has digressed too??
          Y'all need to go kill something with your bare hands and get back to nature.
          Whats next weeks recipe?? "How to boil a mc ribb"?

Comment

I buy "fake" rib burger patties complete with rib pattern and swimming in sweet BBQ sauce. They are precooked and vac sealed in packs of 10 at a very reasonable price.
            My peeps love them they take very little preparation (I just let them heat up in my bain-marie). I've had and they are edible, but honestly it's more the sauce flavour than anything else and If I'm honest the BBQ sauce is tasty.

Comment

Earliest commercial for the McRib. Interestingly enough, listen closely to the come on buzz words used; it's grilled, simmered in bbq sauce, a "new" kind of 'cue. Somehow I'm thinking that's just a bit of a stretch. I guess fact check wasn't exactly around in those early days.....

Comment

Had my first one of the year yesterday for lunch. Beautiful.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was thinking about it yesterday as well, but seeing as I was in Queens at lunchtime and had to drive right past Flushing (Queens Chinatown) on the way home, Joe's Shanghai for Crab and Pork Xiao long bao (Soup Dumplings) won out over McRib.
                  Last edited by Dewesq55; October 18, 2019, 10:37 PM.

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dewesq55, I think if I had access to that, the McMysteryrib would have lost out too lol

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  klflowers - If you've never had Shanghai soup dumplings, you owe it to yourself to seek them out if you're ever in a city with a major "Chinatown" area. They are always available with pork filling, but the crab and pork mixed filling is another level of awesomeness.

Sam the Cooking Guy has a McRib Knockoff recipe on his youtube channel. I’ve been tempted to try it but honestly, I just can’t do that to a perfectly good rack of ribs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here