Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subway may start selling finger food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subway may start selling finger food

Subway sandwich shops is pivoting to a new sandwich ingredient model -- locations will soon begin slicing their deli meat in-house rather than rely on pre-sliced meats provided to them from a centralized kitchen.

Similar to what Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns does, deli slicers will be installed in all Subway locations.

Pros: fresh sliced deli meat just tastes better. Plus, bulk meat is less expensive for Subway (although they say that they will put the savings into other aspects of the organization.

Cons: probably slower service to get your sandwich, and deli slicers are a pain in the butt to clean. Plus, one of the more dangerous pieces of equipment to have in a facility often staffed with inexperienced-first-job kids

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/02/busin...022/index.html

For the Con, just put Listeria.

Comment

Took me a while but I think I got the finger food reference……..😁

Comment

Now, maybe they can develop a recipe for bread that would not have their nasty 'chemical' taste.

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
          WillTravelForFood commented
          Editing a comment
          we still miss the subway V cut

it may not have been overly practical, but it was theirs.

I hate to be dick, but, big deal....
        I honestly can't remember the last time I brought a sub from these people and I'm pretty sure it was pretty un-special at that.

Comment

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Subway has been a necessary evil at certain points in my life, living in a couple areas where options were few and Subway was one of them and you eventually ate at and got tired of all of them.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here