Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw that Arby's is selling wagu burgers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ron might be on to the truth. It is more Wagu than wagyu.

Comment

"Arby's has the beef", but does Arby have a vegan burger, salad, vegetarian, gluten-free, or Coor's Light on tap?
      This is the real question that needs answering. Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

We are on our way to Arby's now...

Comment

We arrived at Arby's... All waygu burger signs gone...

The person at the drive-thru may have spoke English.
          I really couldn't tell...

I got a Reuben meal and returned to base...

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping I can make it there this week to take a whack at that burger.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm. Just curious, did you ask if they still have them?

And just to show you how things are going for me...

This morning I witnessed a commercial stating the Arby's waygu steakhouse burger is back...

I was just there! Are you kidding?

It's a plot...
          They're after me...
          We're all doomed...
          I'll never make it...
          It'll never work....
          Last edited by Allon; November 28, 2022, 09:43 AM. Reason: 502 posts. The halfway mark!

Comment

I have not tried the Waygu burgers at Arby's, it's been a while since I've been to one. I did see a commercial for them over the weekend. The odd thing was it started with a basket full of little burgers that looked like sliders that they seemed to be comparing their product to. I thought it odd that Arby's would be comparing themselves to White Castle and pick a fight with its loyal and rabid fans (of which I am one).

Comment

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              One of the originals, and, depending who you aske, one of the best or one of the worst:

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              There are no White Castles anywhere I have ever lived. However, I did get a chance to eat at one while on a trip in the late '60s. A friend ordered a lot of their burgers and I thought he was crazy until I got my two tiny burgers.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Allon White Castle is basically the mid-west to northern equivalent of Krystal here in the south. Little square burgers, steamed. They used to be cheap too - not so much anymore. There is still one Krystal I know of in my area, and every once in a while I get a craving for a bag of those burgers. Just every once in a while...

They are about the size of what is called a slider these days.

I tried one today for lunch and it was good - especially for a fast food joint. It was not the best burger I have had, but better than any of the fast food chain burgers in my area.

Comment

I also took one for the team today. Got the deluxe, which has shredded lettuce, tomato, onions and a whole lot of "burger sauce." Once I located the beef patty in all of that, it wasn't bad, and I didn't hate it. But it had this weird texture similar to pre-seasoned, frozen hamburger patties I have had before. I have to drive past Arby's to get to the nearest Culver's. I'll keep driving next time I want a fast food burger.
              Last edited by Steve R.; November 28, 2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                No reason to stop anywhere else for burgers if you have a Culver’s.

Well, I am here to report back that I was finally tired of leftover turkey, and ran through the Arby's drive through on my way home from Home Depot with another round of lights and garland that SWMBO sent me after, and I came home with a chicken tenders meal for her, and a Arby's Wagyu steakhouse burger and Diablo loaded fries for myself.

Verdict: It was smaller than expected, certainly smaller than the 1/2 pound roast beef I almost ordered, and on a smaller diameter bun. Google says the patty is 6.4 ounces - no idea if that is before or after cooking. Tasted good for a fast food burger - certainly better than McDonald's or Burger King, and a thicker patty for sure. I couldn't say that I could detect the "51% wagyu" content in the flavor, but I enjoyed it.

I got the same version as Steve R. - the deluxe. It had so much burger sauce - basically a Thousand Island or Big Mac style sauce - that I had lots of it on my shirt before I realized it. I have to concur with his thoughts on the patty. The way they are marketing it is "while supplies last" which implies an allocation of preformed patties to each store. It's not like Wendy's back in the day, where I worked in high school, where I shoved dozens of pounds of fresh ground beef into the hopper of a machine that formed and slapped out a stack of square single patties separated by wax paper squares. I doubt even Wendy's does that anymore. I feel these were preformed patties, possibly frozen, and that they have a process for reheating/cooking it.

Again - not a bad burger, but also not all I hoped it would be, and I could used a couple more ounces of it. I was super hungry after having nothing but one bowl of raisin bran cereal all day.

I think I was more impressed with the loaded Diablo fries, and wished that side had been larger, haha.
              Last edited by jfmorris; November 29, 2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the heads up on the shirt-saucing 😂 I got the same meal as you today and waited until I parked at the waterfront to eat. It still was a challenge keeping all the spillage on the burger wrapper. The burger: I think if you blindfolded me and gave me a good Whataburger, I would not be able to pick out the Waygu 🤔. The Diablo fries 🤔🤔🤔 to spicy for me.
                Next time……Whataburger 😁

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                smokenoob yeah Whataburger is probably better. The Diablo fries were not overly hot - just a medium spice level IMO.

We just recently got Whataburger up here, and for the first several months, lines of cars wrapped around the building and into the 4 lane highway, blocking traffic. I waited several months before trying it. While good, I would not wait in a 30+ minute line for it, as that is not the definition of "fast food".

I donated platelets at the Red Cross yesterday and was hungry afterwards. There was an Arby's close by and I hadn't been there in many years so I thought I'd give it a try. I was afraid of the wagyu burger, so thought I'd stick with their "classic" roast beef sandwich. Bad choice! I don't even know what I was thinking, other than hadn't had an Arby's in many many years. It was just awful, overcooked soft salty beef with terrible sweet corn syrup BBQ sauce and supposedly cheddar cheese that I couldn't even taste, on a soft white bun. Won't do that again! Nearly 10 bucks for that and a small order of fries (previously frozen crinkle cut - they were the best part of this meal). Arby's - off my list! 🤮

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here