Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spicy Pineapple Pizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spicy Pineapple Pizza?

Pizza Hut is introducing a SPICY LOVER'S PIZZA, featuring spicy marinara sauce, two types of pepperoni, red jalapeno peppers, and a sprinkled topping custom made with herbs and crushed chili peppers.

This will come in double pepperoni, chicken and pineapple, and veggie versions.

Kinda concerned about cross-contamination of the spicy stuff being sprinkled around the prep area and potentially getting onto pizzas that shouldn't have the spice factor. On the other hand, we're surprised they're not going with (let's say) a jalapeno-infused crust.

We also think that the cheese (dairy) on the pizza may soften the spice-level a smidge. But since people like putting red pepper flakes onto their italian pies, this may be a no-brainer pizza idea. Perhaps a keeper on the regular menu rather than a limited time only thing.

Dont know if they still do, but dominos used to have a fiery hawaain pie that was awesome.

Comment

Our local pizza joint has a hawaiian that come standard with ham, pineapple, and jalapenos. It is a major winner. I've seen several similar versions at small places in my recent travels.

I think the Hut is attempting to out-pizza the local guys. If they can manage it well, it should become a standard.

Comment

Fresh pineapple to me is a wonderful treat. However I am not a fan of pineapple on pizza in general but this sounds good. It sounds better w/o the pineapple- a spicy pizza, yum!

Comment

I love pineapple on pizza. Probably my favorite part, other than the flavor, is how much it pisses off those "pizza aficionados"

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, same here. Every other pizza I order has pineapple on it.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Just another reason to order Canadian Bacon and Pineapple.
            Spinaker you're the Man. Like the way you think.

If we're going to order one of these three spicy pizzas, we'd stick with the double pepperoni model.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            I second this remark.

While I wouldn't eat a pizza from pizza hut I sure do like spicy pepperoni and pineapple pizza. Canadian bacon and pineapple? Gross. Spicy and sweet? Delicious.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            "Canadian bacon and pineapple? Gross" You buy it be the gross? That is a lot of pizzas.

Don't worry about cross contamination with spices, that would have to be intentional. Jalapeno infused crust sounds good to me!

Comment

Re: th cheese mark / dilution, remark,, (presumably from cnn from above, sigh....

If'n only, some cheesemaker could develop a way to blend hot peppers into a cheese mix?

Crazy Talk, I knows, yall, jus like that there Jalapeño-Infused crust talk...

"Ya know what I think? That Big talk's worth Doodly Squat...", if'n yall were to ask me...

Please, yall:

Post up yer receipts, an Pics, in th appropriate places, rye cheer, on up in th Forum

If'n we'uns, together, gonna git our collective arses handed to us, by / cain't outdo PH, reckon it's past time to start sellin them High Rollin Pizza Mochines...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; January 27, 2022, 11:49 PM. Reason: +s

Comment

I have to say, when the pizza comes a round, it is flat--even the deep dish! Sorry just trying to cut a joke no matter how you slice it.

To be fair I have never had a pizza that did not pair well with PBR. Especially Totino's frozen pizzas.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here