Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepared Brisket by Steven Raichlen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepared Brisket by Steven Raichlen

Apparently this is the bandwagon some of the big names in BBQ are jumping on.....

Announcement: https://barbecuebible.com/2021/08/31...-eat-barbecue/

Details: https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=96445...sket&afftrack=
    Last edited by efincoop; September 20, 2021, 02:24 PM.

Wow. He is charging Franklin-like prices without quite the same type of reputation. $28 a pound for brisket and $27 a pound for ribs.

I get the appeal of paying for Franklin’s and Snows’ but it’s not even clear Raichlen is cooking it. He sounds like he put together the recipe and someone else is doing it , and as we all know, the cook matters in BBQ!

I mean, kudos for taking advantage of the niche and I am sure it will do okay, but gotta say hard pass from me.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy Crap $28/lb!! Might be putting the stuff in bags labeled USDA ORGANIC. I know it hits my pocket book for that organic coconut.

• Debra
      Debra commented
      Editing a comment
      Do these people actually cook or even get close to the product? I kind of doubt either of these 2 even touch or have anything to do with the actual product they send out under their names.
      I have met Raichlen a number of times. He seems to me to be ... well a bit above the common person.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh, that is a bit sad. He always struck me as a nice guy via his writing anyway and might have been a fun dinner guest.

Gotta pay for those fancy cookers he uses somehow! I’d be leery of attaching my name to something like that, without a very stringent QA process at least.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      So sample 9/10 briskets before they ship out? I support all of the briskets heading your way first.

Well, a lot of people must be more excited about it than we are, brisket is sold out and you can join the waitlist. No, I’m not on it.

Comment

The guy has a following and a lot of books, but I’ve never been that impressed. However if purchasing bbq, I think I’d rather get it from any of the forum members here.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I will sell you my brisket for less than $28/lb :-)

The last whole packer I cooked was 19 lbs and I paid $52 at Kroger. Choice. Damn good brisket. P.T. Barnum marketing here?

Comment

I also saw that Raichlen is attaching his name to a curated menu on the boutique cruise ship line Windstar. You can enter their treasure hunt promotion to win a cruise and a Raichlen curated dinner.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          The Norovirus always kept me leery of going on a cruise...then something else came along.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I have literally never been interested in going on a cruise. And then 2020 got worse, as Jerod Broussard said.

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kinda like "chef inspired".

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here