Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatburger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatburger?

A Fatburger just opened near me. Is anyone familiar with them?

Oh yeah, back in my days Fatburger was the place to go on the Westside of LA. When I worked in Westwood (next to UCLA), went to Fatburger at least once a week. Good burgers and getting an egg on top was delicious.

In n Out muscled them out. No Fatburgers near where I live now.

Comment

Comment

I am in, based on the name alone.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Heart attack grill?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          hahaha, that place is ridiculous.

Fatburger, the original chain, is still around, mostly called Fatburger and Buffalo Express now. There are a few places wherein the franchisee reopened as owners with new names. One is down here in San Clemente, now called Biggies, owned by an ex-Marine who has kept the original recipes. One of my favorite burger places. Get a King Burger with cheese, and steak fries. Yumm.

Not sure what relationship the one that opened near you has to that famous chain. The sort of iconic, landmark one existed at Sunset Blvd in Hollywood, well at least for us "youths" who hung out on The Strip, especially after the powers-that-be forced Pandora's Box to close. Much better than White Castle for the midnight munchies...

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes - this place is called Fatburger and Buffalo Express.

We had a FatBurger in College Station, loved it, and they delivered on campus.

Comment

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here