Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny's steak house in Minneapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny's steak house in Minneapolis

It's been mentioned before (most recently by Spinaker ), but I thought this article was right up the alley of the Pit.

Enormous 3-pound steak has its own fan club at Manny's in Minneapolis. http://strib.mn/2rYhVgu

That looks awesome. Spinaker I need to fly out to you and get one of these steaks.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Anytime, but we might have to fly you back in the cargo hold.

That would be fun to order sometime-----but I would need to share with someone!

Comment

Yes, I have eaten this steak. It took years off of my life, but it was well worth it!

I love Manny's.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me know! Attjack

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I've been to Manny's in years past, but my folks now seem to prefer Burch for steakination.

• JCGrill
        JCGrill commented
        Editing a comment
        Potkettleblack Burch gets good reviews. Haven't been.

I live in Tuscaloosa, AL and Manny's is my favorite restaurant.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you had the Seafood Tower? Insane.

• Skelly
        Skelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker I haven't. I've had the ribeye twice... and the cheesecake. And the asparagus as thick as my fat fingers. And a bottle of wine or two. Plus a couple scotches neat. I have only been there twice, but we took customers so I could sort of do what I wanted without being obnoxious. The cheesecake is about half the size of my truck.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh the cheese cake is worth the trip. Also, you have to try the scallop app with Hollandaise Sauce. Amazing.

In nearly 25 years living in the Minneapolis area, I've been there 3 times. It's great. Worth the price. I'm just too cheap to go more often.

Comment

I come down every so often, usually on business, and Manny’s is a favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by JCGrill View Post
          In nearly 25 years living in the Minneapolis area, I've been there 3 times. It's great. Worth the price. I'm just too cheap to go more often.
          Ha! I've been to Minny about 10 times and been to Manny's twice. Granted, not on my own dime (took customers). But if I go back on my own dime, I'll splurge for a meal. The sad thing is, if I take my wife, she'll get a vegetable plate.

Comment

I am headed here tonight, for a work dinner. Not gonna do the Bludgeon , but there are a few "off the menu" items that I am going to check out. Also, that 2 lb.Lobasta is calling my name!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Lobasta sounds like a champ!

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, great! Maybe it's time for me to get back over there.

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Wait is this the place with the bludgeon of beef. Where they come out with the speech on all the steaks?

The loaded hash browns are a great potato side dish as well.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              You better believe that we ordered those! And an entire side of pork belly, just for the hell of it!

85-Day dry aged, Bone-in Ribeye. Holy shnikies this was a phenomenal steak. That crust tho.........can't wait to go back.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3013.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	519740​

Comment

Just made me jealous!

Comment

Headed here again tonight. Can't wait for the 85-day dry aged ribeye! Also, bring on the seafood tower!

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like you'll need an ambulance ride home due to a meat coma.

Making me jealous. I have eaten there several times. Love it. In addition to the meat, the hash browns are awesome.

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yeah, we had those. They are the best.

I've been to the great city of Minneapoils once back in the 90's. I was there for a trade show. It was on a weekend and my company had a booth which I particiated in. Saturday night our little team of 4 went to a steak house. Recommended by some local folks. I do not remember the name. I do know the steak I had and others had was fantastic. I most likely had a filet. I don't remember. So, if Manny's was in existence in mid 90's it could have been the place we were at. I'll never know. I do know for my short visit, it was one of the cities that I was so impressed with. Now, I was there Friday evening to Sunday morning.

Comment

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IT was around back then. So it could have been it!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here