Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayport BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayport BBQ

Though I hail from Virginia, about once a year I find myself in Minneapolis for business. We normally don't stray outside the city, but this past time found ourselves headed over into Wisconsin on 94. The rest of the guys were having a hard time figuring out where anybody wanted to eat, so I found Bayport BBQ on the map and suggested it. So we decided to try it out.

There were 8 wide grins after we walked in the door, smelled good smells, and the hostess informed us that there was an all-you-can-eat buffet available with several types of barbecue meat on it. We all got the buffet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Nov 12, 1 52 08 PM.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	413081

This was my first plate, and as you can tell I was trying to get a little bit of everything on there. Starting with the meat and going counter-clockwise:
    - brisket
    - ribs
    - chicken
    - sausage
    - baked beans
    - creamed corn
    - corn bread
    - scalloped potatoes
    They had brownies for dessert too.

Suffice it to say that we got our money's worth on that buffet. Everybody was stuffed and satisfied. We couldn't believe our good fortune - stumbling into an unknown barbecue joint and happening to find a) a buffet, and b) good barbecue.

I wouldn't say that anything was spectacular, it was a buffet after all. But it was definitely pretty good. The baked beans were really good too (and I've had a lot of baked beans) - had a nice kick to them! Wasn't a huge fan of the rest of the sides, but all the meat was tasty.

Service was fine, the people there were very friendly. It was also a pretty unique restaurant - they are very into "deep blues" there.

This website is for sale! bayportbbq.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, bayportbbq.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I know that Ericm has mentioned them a few times, and that JCGrill and Spinaker are probably familiar with them, but hadn't seen an official review. I went there, so felt like I should give it a write-up. If I find myself going through Bayport again, I'll most likely be stopping by again.

It would be a mystery if Frank and Joe don't eat there......

Comment

I haven't been to it, but I think DDD has been there, I seem to remember an episode where you serve yourself. I guess I should make a trip.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        JCGrill, You Certainly Should‼️ You and Spinaker Need to Go ASAP and Report Your Findings to Your Real BBQ Starved Neighbors‼️ 🦃 🦃 HAPPY 🦃 T- DAY 🦃 🦃 ‼️
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Interesting! I will have to check this out when I cross the boarder for some real fireworks. The trip generally ends up being me driving my brothers around to different Firework shops, stopping at local watering holes along the way for a "few Fast ones." Makes for a fun day, but some quality BBQ for the DD might be just the ticket. Thanks for sharing.

Next time you are in town. Let me know and we can hit up Storm King BBQ. Right in south Minneapolis. I would be happy to meet you there. Maybe we can get a few others down there too!

Comment

• j_keegan
        j_keegan commented
        Editing a comment
        I will!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here