Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visiting Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting Minnesota

We just got into Minneapolis and will be here a few days then on to Rochester to the mayo clinic for 10 days, anything exciting to see or do? any good barbecue restaurants? The girls want to go to the mall of America. My daughter has been having chronic headaches that we've been unable to diagnose and are hoping to get answers but also have some fun while we're here.

I don't know much about Minnesota BBQ, But have found Famous Dave's to be respectable. I just finished praying for your daughter. May God guide her to healing and wholeness.

Comment

I'd try one of these places:

smokeinthepit.com/index.php
      bigdaddysbbq-stpaul.com

Sorry to disagree with you LA Pork Butt, but Famous Dave's is not that good.

grillinglen Sorry about the weather. It's supposed to pretty rainy for the next few days. Hope you have fun anyway

Comment

Best wishes for your daughter's full recovery Glen!

Comment

Originally posted by grillinglen View Post
          We just got into Minneapolis and will be here a few days then on to Rochester to the mayo clinic for 10 days, anything exciting to see or do? any good barbecue restaurants? The girls want to go to the mall of America. My daughter has been having chronic headaches that we've been unable to diagnose and are hoping to get answers but also have some fun while we're here.
          grillinglen My bro-in-law is going through that with his daughter, my niece, had every scan and test done and no answers. I sure hope you find an answer and relief for her, poor thing. And I'd sure love to know what the root cause is to help my niece as well. Take care!

Comment

​Hello grillinglen. I have spent some time in Rochester the past couple years. I can't tell you many good BBQ spots there. However try these places. Newt's has several locations in Rochester, locally owned, and huge hamburgers. Canadian Honker is a very good family type restaurant with lots of choices across from St Mary's Hospital. Whiskey Creek is a good place with several choices-maybe even some ribs and salmon etc.. Ask the locals for more information on good places-there are lots more. We did have a bad experience at John Hardys BBQ!! Good luck with your daughter. The Mayo Clinic is a good place. Sending prayers your way too. We are only 100 miles west of Rochester.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here