Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Road Trip in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Road Trip in MN

This Minnesota Road Trip Leads To 8 Hole-In-The-Wall BBQ Restaurants (onlyinyourstate.com)
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; March 26, 2022, 06:28 AM.

Is that like deep freezer diving this time of year?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Something like that.

That's a pretty doable road trip from here. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

John Hardy's is good.

They completely missed Animales BBQ, which the by far the best in MN.

Also left out Buddy Boy.

Comment

• Jared49
        Jared49 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m curious about Animales BBQ, their website says it’s closed for the season, is it a Foodtruck? or is it a victim of Covid?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        It is closed for the season. It is a food truck that sits outside of Abel brewing.

OMC BBQ up in Duluth is really awesome as well. There are also a few food trucks that gave great Q!

Comment

I have been to three of those. They are good in their own way, but not what anyone that makes great bbq would be real astounded at. My favorite place in the Twin cities continues to be Firebox Deli, not on the list.I have not been to every of the ever growing list of bbq places, but that place makes what I think we all would agree is good.

Comment

Interesting thing about Hardy's in Rochester. I have gone there for 30-40 years, when it was the original founding owner. The meat is not what we went for, still wouldn't be. The sauce was unique, the Hot especially, and always got the pork plate, with the sliced fried potatoes with sauce all over them too. Always heard they started with Open Pit. I still see that claim online. I buy their Hot sauce, and if you look at the ingredients that they now list it is basically Open Pit ingredients with added mayo, pickle juice, Tabasco, cayenne, and lemon juice. I have tried that, it is very close. Goes really well with pulled pork. The restaurant has had different owners for years, but they kept everything the same, thankfully. I am not saying this sauce will win any awards. I do like it, though.

Comment

I have a part time job driving a delivery van and go to & through Austin, I’m going to check out Piggy Blues BBQ. They’ve been in business for 20+ years, must be doing something right.

Comment

• Fellers Ranch
              Fellers Ranch commented
              Editing a comment
              Piggy Blues is very good. They not only have the restaurant in Austin, but they do many fairs and community events with their food truck. They also do catering.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here