Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star BBQ and Grill, St. Peter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star BBQ and Grill, St. Peter

A couple of years ago this place opened in town and has been growing in popularity. They've won several local (southern MN) awards including best bbq restaurant, and best appetizer (cowboy tots) amongst others. The cowboy tots themselves are worth a trip. They consist of pulled pork wrapped in mash potatoes, deep fried (I believe) with an incredible aioli sauce. I love getting the platter which is kind of a taste it all, ribs, brisket, pulled pork, and hotlink or bratwurst. My wife loves the coleslaw here and apparently the secret is pineapple. St. Peter is pretty small, so when you're close to downtown on any given day you can smell that delicious smoke they've got going 6 days a week. This place is what inspired me to try and start smoking my own ribs, which in turn led me to amazingribs.com. Tom and Mary (both of whom you are almost certain to meet if you eat here) are a great addition to our town. http://lonestarbbqgrill.com/
    Last edited by Binny; December 9, 2015, 08:08 PM. Reason: edit for grammar

We have the Lone Star (franchise) experience here and I must say that it is way below par. As usual franchise's try to recreate an experience that has it's base in a soul proprietor, if the franchisee does not understand their product you get a less than perfect experience.

Comment

We live just 50 miles south of St Peter MN. Didn't know they were there. Can't wait to try them out!

Comment

PitmasterCowboy, this Lone Star is not a franchise. From what I've read on their website and from talking to them Tom and Mary used to build custom bbq pits and as a marketing method went on the competition circuit. Which is where they mastered the art of bbq.

Comment

An update on Lone Star; after some staffing issues they closed the restaurant portion and are currently only doing to-go meats and catering events. Personally I hope they reopen completely.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here