Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLOWS BAR B Q - Detroit, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLOWS BAR B Q - Detroit, MI

Very popular BBQ restaurant in downtown Detroit...tough to get a table at times.

We opened on a mostly-abandoned block at the corner of Michigan and 14th in Detroit in September 2005 with a meticulously designed interior paired with a gourmet spin on barbecue cooked fres...

Jkbrunda- can you give us some more details on these reviews? What is your favorite meats at the places you've listed in southern MI? Can you describe them? Good sauces? Good portions/prices? Anything not so good?

We appreciate your time, but more info would certainly be helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

everything at Slows is good, good portion size, but there chicken wings are the best I have ever had, no sauce necessary. smokie goodness.

Comment

Sadly I've never eaten at Slow's although I've heard good things about it and have driven by it on a few occasions. There are certain foods I never order at restaurants because my home-cooked variants are always better (French onion soup, ribs, brisket, pulled pork...). Having said that, Slow's has a reputation as a serious BBQ joint producing authentic 'cue. I look forward to eating there at some point in the near future and will definitely try ribs, or pulled pork or something along those lines because it sounds like they just do it right.

Comment

Great BBQ spot in Detroit. Went there after a Tigers game this fall. Along with having an insane amount of draft beer (which was fantastic according to the person I went with), the ribs, pulled pork and brisket we had were great! Quite tender and flavorful. Great sauces too, really liked how they had them at the table.

Well worth checking out.

Comment

Went to Slows a couple days ago. Ordered brisket and ribs.

The brisket point (fatty) was great, melt in your mouth fat and great flavor and salt, but the flat slices were underseasoned. I looked for a salt shaker for them but there weren't any at the table. The fatty point was excellent though. Smoke ring was minor, smoke flavor was minor but appropriate for beef.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG7199.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	80576

Name:	IMAG7197.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	80577

Ordered the baby back ribs. Cooked perfectly, looked superb, but bland as can be. The menu claims they are "dry rubbed with our blend of 13 spices" but either that's not true or they forgot that on mine. I fail to believe 13 spices could be that bland and need sauce. Ribs shouldn't need sauce or even salt but these did. I wasn't impressed with any of the sauces either, but I hate to sound so negative so I'll clarify- the sauces were ok but just not for me I guess.

Name:	IMAG7198.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	80578

Name:	IMAG7195.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	80579

Would I go back? Yes. I would definitely get the brisket point again, and try the wings per the other reviewer's comment above.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here