Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slows BBQ, Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    mrteddyprincess If you'll be in Grand Rapids put Two Scotts on your list!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    jtw I used to frequent Greg's Pizza on Livernois all the time. But I never heard of Greg's Soul N The Wall. That place is really close to where I grew up, so I am sure I'll get a chance to stop in

• mrteddyprincess
    commented on 's reply
    This review from Huskee is four years old and still relevant! Thanks. My buddies and I are taking a brewery trip to Michigan in July and Grand Rapids is on our list. So I hope I get to check out the Slows in Grand Rapids this summer. B

• jtw
    commented on 's reply
    Team Lafayette chiming in here. If you want something off the beaten path, try Chef Greg's Soul "N" the Wall and get a boogaloo sandwich.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    My first trip there I was nervous getting out of the vehicle since I had to park down and around the corner and walk. Corktown definitely needs all the love it can get. Detroit is coming around, slowly.

• jtw
    replied
    Slow's is great. It was the hottest thing in town about 10-15 years ago, but once it got "cool" it started getting the "overrated" label around here (but not from yours truly!). Their Yardbird sandwich earned some acclaim making it to the finals on "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America."

They deserve a TON of credit for helping to revitalize the Corktown area of Detroit. The owners arrived when it was a really rough area, and it's been a resounding success. They have another location in Midtown (Slows To-Go) primarily for to-go orders that does most of the smoking/cooking for both locations.

Thanks for the reminder - I'm overdue for a The Reason.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know. I am going to be in the D in a couple weeks. It will be my second stop, after American Coney. Or Lafayette. Or Duly's. My first stop is always for a coney

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Woo hoo! Glad you had a great meal, and I'm glad they're still going strong.

• radiodome21
    replied
    In town for a few days for work visiting some hospitals in the area. My sales rep I’m traveling with randomly took me here not knowing my love for BBQ. And wow. Amazing. I went with the American Sandwich, which is brisket, bacon, and smoked cheddar. I pulled some of the brisket off and dipped it in the the sauces. I liked the apple sauce the most. Brisket was awesome and the bacon was ok. A little too chewy. The Mac and cheese was very good too. My coworker pounded his pulled pork sandwich and sides. This is the best restaurant I’ve ever eaten at while traveling for work and I’ve been traveling for 8 years. I don’t remember most of the places I’ve eaten either and for good reason: they weren’t anything special.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Steve74
    replied
    Yah, just a memorie now.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I used to go to Pontiac every year for the Silverdome, but alas, that ended several yrs ago, sadly.

• Steve74
    replied
    Sure thing

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    The original review above is 5 yrs old so I'd imagine it's up & running, if you're in the area let us know!

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Try and say PBR 55 times! 😀🍺🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Steve74
    replied
    What a bummer getting their equipment taken. A buddy and I got a couple take out sandwiches from Slows maybe 10 years ago. They were great. Nice to know they're opening one in Pontiac. Thanks for the new review Huskee

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here