Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Boston Area places.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greater Boston Area places.

IMHO these two are the top in terms of quality AND price. Although Blue Ribbon beats Redbones on the price, there is no beer and it's mostly take-out.

Blue Ribbon BBQ
    Mainly take-out... very limited seating available esp. in West Newton Location.

908 Massachusetts Avenue
    Arlington, MA 02476
    (781) 648-7427

Redbones
    Dine in, Take Out bar... amazing on-tap beer inventory
    55 Chester Street Somerville, MA
    (617) 628.2200 http://redbones.com

Not yet tried the following:

Sweet Cheeks (near Fenway Park)

SoulFire (Harvard Avenue, Allston)

If you're ever out around Bedford, try Firebox (347 Great Road, http://www.fireboxbbq.com/#about). Their ribs and pulled pork sandwiches are pretty good, and they've recently added a full-service bar.

Comment

Ah yes! I forgot that place was there. I used to work near there before my employer decided it was time to move near 495! It was pretty good, but I kinda felt it was a bit light on portion size.

Comment

Just got back from the blue ribbon venue in west newton, ma. Last time great... This time YUCK! Ribs had NO smoke and were unbelievably tough and chewey. NO WAY they were cooked long enough. Brisket was middling at best. At least there was a hint of smoke. Incredibly disappointed... My wife's first visit and I doubt she'll EVER want to go back. Rib-brisket combo plate had only two ribs... not so bad since the ribs were awful ... But the ribs were so bad I should've gotten the brisket plate as it would've been THREE dollars cheaper! TOTALLY DISSAPOINTED.

This from what Zagatconsiders one of the areas best.
        Last edited by JPP; August 26, 2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Sweet Cheeks is one of the best places I have ever had BBQ and sides. Best collard greens e'vah and the I have been told the biscuits have been written up in Forbes...they are amazing and huge. Great pulled pork and a lot of it, not a skimpy portion. It is a must go!

Comment

Sweet Cheeks was one of the very few restaurants (and the ONLY bbq restaurant) that I've ever left with a doggie bag.

It's a hassle to get to the Fenway at dinner time for me, but MAN this place is good.

Comment

My wife and I went to The Who concert last week at the TD Garden in Boston. For dinner we went across the street from the Garden to Causeway Restaurant & Bar (http://www.causewayboston.com/). The barbecue is amazing and the staff could not be friendlier. I highly recommend this place.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to The Pit, JWPIII! When you get a minute, we'd love to read an intro from you in the Introduce Yourself channel.

• JPP
                JPP commented
                Editing a comment
                Just checked out the menu... prices seem quite reasonable esp. for a place downtown!

Second sweet cheeks biscuits. They are dynamite. Done redbones a couple times and good stuff. My hometown of Marlboro, MA has a good BBQ place, Firefly's that does a nice job if any of you are in the area. A really nice outdoor patio area as well as live music on the weekends.

Comment

• JPP
                JPP commented
                Editing a comment
                I know FireFly's well.... I live around the corner from you here in Framingham

Cool JPP ! Nice to have a local name here. Fireflys just did their patio over and it came out really nice, worth a trip if you have not been recently.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here