Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Between my own smoking fun, I've been trying different bbq places around Maryland seeking the best ribs/bbq...any recommendations to add to my list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between my own smoking fun, I've been trying different bbq places around Maryland seeking the best ribs/bbq...any recommendations to add to my list?

With COVID, it's been all carry-out, but I've been trying to make the rounds at different BBQ places in MD to find inspiration and identify the best rib and brisket spot for when I crave them but not able to cook my own. Love any recommendations for spots to check out

So far I've hit up:
    Woodrow's (Mt. Washington)
    Blue Pit BBQ (Hampden)
    Up in Smoke Caterers (Reistertown)
    Chaps Pit Beef (Baltimore)
    Lil Bit Bull BBQ (Cambridge MD)
    Red Hot and Blue (Annapolis MD)

Still on my try list (and need more):
    Wiedlands (Catonsville)
    Big Bad Wolf (Hamilton) (tried before COVID, but it's been a while)
    Andy Nelson's (Cockysville) (tried before COVID, but it's been a while)

When you get down to DC you should check out 2Fifty Texas BBQ in Riverdale Park.

I’m Columbia, Bullhead Pit Beef is worth a stop if you’re in the area (or youre around Hysteria Brewing Co).

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on 2Fifty, but then again it ain’t in Bawlmer unfortunately.

Freddy’s Ribs in the DC area????

ok - well, perhaps it’s not real. But the ribs looked really good on the show House of Cards

Comment

Go to the hideaway in Odenton. Get the smoked wings first. Then other stuff

Comment

I think it will be hard to beat the BBQ I see right here on Amazing Ribs.

Comment

Perhaps you could check out a place in what we call "Almost Maryland", meaning the western part of the State, meaning west of Sidling. Check out Archies BBQ in McHenry while taking one of the most scenic drives in the US IMHO.

Comment

Chubbies on the MD line with PA, on rt 15. Burn't ends for the win. Generally a hole in the wall place, but, we like their food.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here