Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Baltimore Deli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Baltimore Deli

All this talk in the Pit lately about corned beef and pastrami got me hankering after a big ole sammich. I had a friend in from out of town, and we went over to Baltimore’s "Corned Beef Row" on Lombard Street. Attman’s Deli is the place to go for a great corned beef or pastrami feast!

We had the "Stu Special", pastrami and corned beef piled high on rye bread, with sauerkraut and Russian dressing. Truly awesome sandwich!

The place has a long history as well. They have been in Baltimore for almost 104 years. You can sit in the dining room and take a gander at all the pictures of famous folks who have been there. The likes of JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Ted Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, Henry Kissinger, and many more.

If if you are visiting Baltimore, and looking for a deli, then Attman’s is the place to go for lunch!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thunder77; March 14, 2019, 07:29 PM.

Dear lord. Yes!

Comment

Good old "Corned Beef Row!" That brings back a lot of memories. Went to school downtown at U of M so many lunches were eaten there and at Lexington Market.

Just went to look them up and saw they are the last deli on the row. 40+ years ago there was a line of them, and everyone delicious. A lot of history lost there.
      Last edited by Donw; March 14, 2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is one other. Weiss Deli. I don’t know how historic that one is. I remember when Jack’s of Lombard Street closed down. I was devastated.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought Jack’s would last forever. They had opened a shop in Woodlawn by Social Security and one down on the boardwalk in OC.

Add a gentle reminder, General Discussion is subjects off the topic of food, cookers, & accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
        All this talk in the Pit lately about corned beef and pastrami got me hankering after a big ole sammich. I had a friend in from out of town, and we went over to Baltimore’s "Corned Beef Row" on Lombard Street. Attman’s Deli is the place to go for a great corned beef or pastrami feast!

We had the "Stu Special", pastrami and corned beef piled high on rye bread, with sauerkraut and Russian dressing. Truly awesome sandwich!

The place has a long history as well. They have been in Baltimore for almost 104 years. You can sit in the dining room and take a gander at all the pictures of famous folks who have been there. The likes of JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Ted Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, Henry Kissinger, and many more.

If if you are visiting Baltimore, and looking for a deli, then Attman’s is the place to go for lunch!
        Ironic I just read this and was posing the link. Then I saw the Link Thunder77 posted. Your place made the list. Some of these are obvious but some double take on some locations.

Comment

Been to downtown Baltimore a bunch lately and seen this place on Yelp but haven't tried it yet. Want to but wary of spending $50+ on lunch! Will definitely have to take the plunge next time I'm up there...

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            My lunch was $16.50, including a drink. Were you going with friends?

• gabulldog
            gabulldog commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, if I only I could limit myself to one sandwich!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here