Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Nelson's (Cockeysville)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Nelson's (Cockeysville)

One of the best BBQ joints I have been to, definitely the best in Maryland! Good smoke flavor and a good selection of sauces also. Always a debate for me whether to get the pulled pork or the beef brisket. Either one is a winner. I haven't tried anything besides these two but I can't imagine going wrong with anything on their menu.

-Alden

My truck knows the way to Andy's without me having to steer. It's definitely worth the stop. The pulled pork is awesome. The ribs are hit or miss, as sometimes they are too dry and salty for my taste. They don't remove the inner membrane either. If you like smoked chicken, you'll love their "Yard Bird". Superior flavor. I wish I know how to replicate.

Comment

Back in May I took a new job based in Cockeysville. I am now 5 minutes' drive (less depending on the 2 traffic lights) from Andy Nelson's. Excellent brisket, great mac and cheese and the cornbread is the best I've ever had - hands down. I haven't tried their ribs or actually... anything else. I don't get there a lot and the brisket is just so good I don't want to take any chances.
      For those of you not from the area, Andy Nelson played safety for the Baltimore Colts back in the 1950's (He was a hero of the '58 champs) and he still works at his namesake pretty much every day, along with about two dozen of his kids and grandkids.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here