Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Koco's Pub - Best crab cakes in Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimorelger
    commented on 's reply
    Your BBQ options are really limited in the city. Expanding outward from downtown, I'd say your options to consider are:

Blue Pit in Hampden (not traditional, but some solid options)

Andy Nelsons in Cockysville (people swear by it, though they aren't my favorite)

Heritage Smokehouse (The new guy. He cooks on 500-Gallon Primative Pits and knows his stuff)

Woodrow's in Mt Washington (More Texas style, my favorite currently)

Up in Smoke (Only open on Friday and Saturday, pits in parking lots)

• RolfTaylor
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, that! Lexington Market. I have driven buy it hundreds of times and wondered about the place (always figured it might be similar to Cleveland's West Side Market but with a B'more flavor. Now I have an excuse to go there, look around, eat some crab cakes, and go on my way. Any BBQ Joints there? Thanks again.

• RolfTaylor
    commented on 's reply
    I've got to check them out. Thanks!

• Baltimorelger
    commented on 's reply
    It doesn’t, but I would love to go there if you ever remember the name!

• klflowers
    replied
    Many many years ago I was in Baltimore for work and we ate at a place that had picnic tables with butcher paper on them in a big room with coolers around the walls holding seafood. There was a small area in the back where a guy would cook up any seafood you picked out of the coolers. We sat in there for hours eating seafood and drinking beer. I don't remember the name of the place though. Does this sound familiar to any of you guys from Baltimore? This had to be 30 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Sdell
    replied
    Gotta love Faidley's. G&M is pretty good too if you don't want to go into downtown.

Leave a comment:

• Baltimorelger
    replied
    I agree that Koco’s is Top 5 easily, maybe even top 2, but there is something about the experience of eating a CC at Faidleys in Lexington Market that always edges it out for me.

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    replied
    Better than Bertha's? Wow!

Leave a comment:

• RolfTaylor
    started a topic Koco's Pub - Best crab cakes in Baltimore

Koco's Pub - Best crab cakes in Baltimore

My exe's family is from Baltimore. I have had (Baltimore Lump-style) crab cakes at 4-5 places in Baltimore, all of them family favorites. All were great, but Koco's is the best.

98% crab meat with just enough other ingredients to hold it together! Not sure where they source their crab, but surely that's part of the secret.

Five stars, highly recommended.

Originally opened as a “hole in the wall” bar, Koco’s has evolved into a great, family friendly neighborhood eating establishment.

PS - if you are into excellent fresh roasted coffee, plan on stopping at at Zekes coffee for beans on your way to or from Kocos:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here