Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lafayette, La BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lafayette, La BBQ?

I’m visiting Lafayette for a few days and was wondering if anyone has experienced a really good Que joint in the area. Happy Friday, all!

I ate at Johnson's Boucaniere near downtown once and it was pretty good. To me Lafayette is not a bbq town, you really need to explore the cajun food. That, in my opinion, is what south Louisiana is all about !!! Bon temps roule !!!

Comment

I’m a big fan of the Cajun cooking. My wife lived in New Orleans for about 20 years and my step daughter is from there. I’ve been traveling to La for the last 26 yrs. My step daughter and husband now live in Lafayette. I’m here for my granddaughter’s 1 year birthday party. Unfortunately the baby was just diagnosed with the flu and the party is canceled (over a hundred people 😬). My son in law and his neighbor love the grill. Drew, my son in law has an Egg and Josh, his good friend and neighbor has a Traeger. Josh cooks an awesome brisket. One of my favorite cookbooks is by Paul Pruhdhomme.

Comment

The only really good 'Q joint nearby that I know of is run out of Lake Charles ... by some guy known around these parts as PaulstheRibList ...

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          Willard, dude, have a great time in Lafayette! Right now, our Food Truck rig is running 2 days a week, Friday and Saturday, 11-7:30. So have fun in lake charles tomorrow, but I won't be able to serve you any barbecue. If you drive past our spot at 4800 Nelson Rd, please stop and take a pic with our huge red pit parked in the front yard and post it on your trip post here!

• PaulstheRibList
          PaulstheRibList commented
          Editing a comment
          Willard, I'd love to visit with you if you want to stop by tomorrow. Just comment here and we can connect!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Willard I would take PaulstheRibList up on this! Hell of an opportunity to meet someone with true BBQ passion!

Yah dat, what dey sed. Cajun...

Comment

PaulstheRibList Paul, thanks so much for replying. I didn’t see your post last night. Thanks for the info. We won’t make it to St Charles today as originally planned. We will be heading back to Florida tomorrow but hopefully I’ll make it back a couple of times a year. Would love to meet. My son in law cooked a beast of a meal last night on his Egg that I will post some pics of later. Thanks again!

Comment

Hey PaulstheRibList how come your not runnin' that food truck by my house ????

Comment

There was an interesting segment on Man, Fire, Food visiting Poche's Restaurant in Breaux Bridge, LA, not far from Lafayette at all. Check out http://poches.com/contact.php

Comment

• Willard
                Willard commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok. Thanks. The "kids" are familiar with it.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here