Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I should probably drive over from Lafayette and check your place out sometime!

Comment

18:50 drive from my house to your fine establishment. It just might happen one of these days, maybe if one of the next Meat-Ups is in Texas.... Congrats!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, the moving van can drive all your stuff down and you and the Fam can take a vacation! I'll help the movers unpack on whatever house is available in my neighborhood!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman Austin and KC are being talked about for the future. We gotta see how good or bad Memphis goes first though.

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      How about a meet up in Lake Charles?

Looking at the Map......I will be in Houston in November! Thinking this is definitely worth the 2.5ish hours for a lunch/dinner! Adding it to the itinerary!

Huskee gets a plug for mentioning Texas, never thought to look at the location DOH!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      So great! I consider us sort of like a suburb of Houston...only 2 hours away!

It was Valentine's Day last week, so we had to do a Signature Dining Event for the day, with...Steaks! Reverse Seared, of course, using the Smokers for the slow heat, and a grill for the Sear.

Ok, you may be saying to yourself, "Paul, please DO NOT get MCS real bad and drive to Dallas to buy a new Santa Maria Grill. You have so many cookers and such, use one of them." That would have been good advice, but you are too late. I went up to Dallas and picked up a Santa Maria grill a few weeks ago, just for this event!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0031.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	804109

I have a great Charcoal Grill at my house, and I did the big 225 steak Ribeye cook on is a few years ago. But is it bigger and heavier and harder to move in and out of my smokehouse. Plus, the Santa Maria style grill is so cool and hip, and the guests can totally see you cooking on it. Plus, it takes a great pic next to the big Austin Smoke Works pits!

Here is Round 2 of test cooks...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0105.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	804108
    Looks pretty tasty! We added a Hassleback Au Gratan potato and deep fried brussels to the menu.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0113.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	804107

And we needed a wine. So is this one the coolest! Two guys from New Orleans created a wine with Oregon grapes and named it a french work for Smoked Meats!!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	60210443472__C5ADF1D2-3B33-4EF1-A0A9-D36B8B984B19.JPG Views:	27 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	804105

Now for the prep for the big day! We kept the restaurant open for regular service, rearranged the tables for the 28 tickets we sold (sold out, baby!). It's such a pain to create and execute new menu items. It took me all of Friday and more to prep and test. But these steaks!!! Look at the Spinalis, Ribeye Cap!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0141.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	804103

The Potatos in full glory. They were good, but not fantastic. Needed more liquidity, And more salt.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0144.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	804101

Here is the salad, pictured in Portrait Mode over the cutting board! Blackberry's! And the vinagrette we made and smoked almond slices.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0127.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	804106

My Princess Daughter did this fantastic 3 layer mousse cake!! It took all day!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0170.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	804110

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_108549.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	804104
    The steaks came out perfect! All 135 degrees with a beautiful crust. The Santa Maria grill was a ton of fun. I had coals from the big smokers and it was HOT! Welding gloves and don't let the Thermapen stay over them too long or it gets too hot.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0158.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	804100

Plated...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0161.jpeg Views:	27 Size:	3.57 MB ID:	804111

She now works at our place as the Public Relations Leader, and helps with desert and salad development, of course!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0173.jpeg Views:	29 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	804099
    The guests had a great time! I'm happy to do a handful of fine dining events a year. You get the glory and the creativity, but don't have to execute it every night!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0164.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	880.6 KB ID:	804097

In other good news, I bought extra Ribeye and Tenderloin, so I'll have to cook more steaks this Saturday!
    #LifeIsMoreFunOntheRibList
    Last edited by PaulstheRibList; February 18, 2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Voodoo628
      Voodoo628 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that looks like a lot of hard work but totally worth it! Amazing looking food! Great Job!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! I love everything that I just seen here.

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Killer job! Had I known, I may have tried to get a ticket or two!

Those ribeyes look awesome. Great marbling and some excellent caps! Events like this are a great way to give your customers something different and keep them coming back for more.

And that Santa Maria grill looks pretty sweet. Well worth the drive!

Comment

• GroceryBoy
      GroceryBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Here, here! Agreed!! Those look incredible!

Just super Paul. I am still lovin' your adventure, (and your daughter is very easy on these old eyes ).

Comment

Uhhh...New Rocking TV Commercial with our own Jingle, written & performed by my friend who played our Grand Opening!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Very Noice, Yer Bishopness!

Great commercial. Thanks for letting us enjoy it too.

Kathryn

Comment

Love it Paul...

Comment

Awesome Paul. You da man 👊👊

Comment

Now he's on TV!!!!! This has been so much fun to watch this whole thing come together. What a dream come true!

Comment

Guess what? It's our 3rd Birthday as a Barbecue Joint! Here's a short video my PR Leader, also my Princess Daughter, put together!

I hope you all enjoy!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I WAS heading down there this Friday for a wedding. Plans were coronoed.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Happy Birthday, have several useable music/lyric combos also available, long been givin this some thought, Paul!

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a fantastically entertaining video! Congrat's - you earned all of the success that comes your way!

Congrats on making, (or should I say surviving... ), three years.

Comment

Happy Birthday. May the coming years continue to be fun and profitable for you, PaulstheRibList . You deserve it for all the planning and hard work you've put into this venture, making it top notch all the way.

Kathryn

Comment

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Name:	IMG_0863.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	826633
                  I wholeheartedly adopted this unofficial motto of the mighty United States Marines Corp. after watching Heartbreak Ridge with Clint Eastwood. As an entrepreneur in business and ministry and life, it has served me so well.

I’m an idealistic optimist, so I turn every corner assuming we can find a way over, through, or around whatever barrier we discover. Sometimes, I banged my head on walls I should have just walked around. I have found the limits of my ability which put me on my knees before God, the Only One who can save a soul and transform the heart of man. And I have plowed through problems and obstacles and improvised and found new pathways to victory when it was my field to plow.

There is no turning back. We are neighbors and countrymen. Our love for neighbor, God, and country are the handles we grab hold to as we march to solve today’s problems. And as we enjoy rest in an always capable God.

#ImproviseAdaptOvercome

Name:	IMG_0860.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	826632

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here