Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks fantastic. Once you've been up and running and settled in you can open a branch here in Brentwood. We need you. The only place we had that was decent closed. (I don't count Dickies!)
    Best of luck!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      Super fun ofelles You need to open up the Brentwood one!

Thank you very much for sharing the journey. I think it has been said a bunch of times - we all think we should have our own BBQ joint but we really know we couldn’t because of the work it would take. Keep the post going! I always look forward to the updates.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      Editing a comment
      It's super fun sharing the updates tbob4, and I'm grateful they are encouraging for you!

I don't really know what to say - just BEAUTIFUL. Now I have a reason to visit Louisiana. I would love to eat there. CLASSY. Best of Luck to you and your crew. Thanks for sharing and keep it up!

Comment

Wow! Gorgeous rig. Best wishes to you on your adventure. You seem to have a plan and goal! Go for it! Looking forward to seeing pics as the events begin.

Comment

That's so amazing! Among so many other things, I love how you built the deck around the trees s that you could keep them and the shade that they create. Well done!!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      Editing a comment
      That deck is so great. I wasn't sure what to do to both protect the tree roots from wear, protect people from tripping on them, and make the trees the star of the backyard (OK, co-stars along with the open smokehouse). The deck idea came along the way, along with a bunch of other expensive "upgrades". I love it!

Great stuff, Paul. Can't wait to get down that way - looking like sometime in the spring.

Comment

Wow.. this is an awesome post!! Very inspiring also as istruggle with my own business undertaking.. i understand the effort and dedication it takes to do something like this . That place looks awesome. Best of luck to you. I may have to take a vacation once I get this meat locker up and going. If I head south this place will definitely be figured in the trip..

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      Editing a comment
      Keep up the hard work and the fun, my friend, on your business! THank you!

The most popular local magazine in my neck of the woods, Lagniappe, has an annual readers poll, the www.BestofSWLA.com, and guess what brand new barbecue joint won the bbq category? And we didn't run a campaign or anything!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_104263.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	777492

Those big red pits!!! #StickburnerForever
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2084.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.55 MB ID:	777490

Now I know I am biased, since it's my design idea and all, but this front sign we made, with a Combo of a 250 Gallon Austin Smoke Works Pit fitted with a super cool Acrylic Letter Cutout on standouts so the halo effect is so all aglow, together with the retro letterboard...I love it! #CoolestSignIveEverSeen
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2091.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	777491
    Last edited by PaulstheRibList; December 9, 2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! but could you turn to the girlie girl page?

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      This is great and I am very happy for you and your team.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is so awesome!!! Lots of hard work has paid off. You deserve the accolades.

TV Commercial, Take 1!
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xnaKA75ZlC0?start=1" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by PaulstheRibList; December 12, 2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Comment

You have gone Big Time Paul. Congrats!

Comment

Looking great!

Kathryn

Comment

Continued success, I'm pulling for you.
            If I'm ever in that neck of the woods I'll stop in.

Comment

Hey everyone! Well, we had our first restaurant critic writeup. And the guy loved it!!!

Here's the paper article...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Conye, Lagniappe, Jan 2020.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	801801

And here is the digital version should any of you want to take a read!
              4800 Nelson Road • Lake Charles, LA Review By Bill Coyne It’s only fair to preface this by warning that if you’re a vegan or vegetarian, or for whatever reason find yourself on a plant-based diet, this place isn’t going to appeal to you in the least. This is for the carnivore, the lover of [&hellip

Comment

• tbob4
                tbob4 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome write-up!!!!

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Way to go, Paul!!!!!

Just read through this entire thread. Amazing story that is still going. Absolutely phenomenal! Congrats on all your success and continued growth!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                Editing a comment
                Dude! Thank you!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here