Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck Paul, this adventure of yours, has been one of the coolest things about being a member

Comment

AhhhOoohhhRaaahhh!!!!

Comment

Look out Franklin BBQ, there's a new "World's best BBQ" contender! Congrats Paul, I hope to visit someday and maybe get a tour of your beautiful place.

Oh, and "thousand of dollars I had extra just laying around"....hmmm, please let me in on your secret. I can't even find "ones" of extra dollars lying around.

Comment

Prayers you have from me my Brother.

I just had had a root canal and crown and Here we are having the house painted but I think your table wood cost more. I am fresh out of 1000 dollar bills.

You don’t need luck my friend. You earned it the long way.

Comment

Well, we be ready...........................for the OPEN sign. Another good sign from the past would be “EAT HERE!
            Best wishes to ya!

Comment

A very welcoming look to the whole restaurant.
              The tables take it over the top! Congratulations!

Comment

Good things happen when you dare to dream. Now go make a difference.

Comment

Awesome Trailer! I wish you great success! Great logo too!

Comment

This will be a Multi-Part Post...Part 1 of ___.

Well...It happened! A week ago Friday was Opening Day! I only put in 110 or so hours of work that week, pushing to open. And we did! I'm super tired but I really wanted to share with you guys!

In case you were wondering, designing a new restaurant and brand is not a simple task. At every corner there are many decisions. I wanted the place to look as cool as the food tastes good. For tables, I wanted to something with raw wood, cool and fun. And not your standard stuff you can buy from the restaurant supply. So we made our own, with raw 4x4 legs, cool black iron pipe crosses in the center, and a smooth stainless top. Here's the in progress...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0263 (1).JPG
Views:	242
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	735285

And the finished. What do you think. It's like smoking meat: Wood and metal stacked and used in harmony!
                    Here's the mantle, merch section and plenty of love for America!

Oh, and the Trim Boards - They are all Sinker Cypress and Pine, cut in the 1880's and floated down the Sabine River. Our Barbecue is Texas-Style Barbecue with Louisiana Flair. Well, the Sabine is the River that separates Texas and Louisiana, so it's just perfect! The trim is our key interior design element. The is Pecky Cypress over the Mantle and on the Beam over the serving counter just screams Louisiana, just like I wanted!!!

Name:	IMG_0333.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	735294

I saw this solid slab, 8' long, about 40" wide Pecan slab table and fell in love. It's the signature table, right at the entrance. And of course, we put the Flame of Freedom right there for the fun and memories! Pallet board American Flag art piece will go on the wall behind it. Oh, and the Red Chairs put the RibShackRed into the interior!

Name:	IMG_0349.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	735284

I think I showed you guys our 9 fool long custom cutting board top, but here it is all surrounded by the trim and the cool Sneeze Guards. I LOVE IT!

Name:	IMG_0334.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	735289
                    The Paul's Rib Shack Barbecue Hat is such fun to take pic's of!!!

Name:	IMG_0312.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	735288​

Wonder how many friends I will make serving folks from this station?

Name:	IMG_0330.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	735287

Name:	IMG_0410 (1).JPG
Views:	209
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	735293

This is the crew that milled all our Sinker logs, made our custom cutting boards, and assembled the tables for me. WilliamsWood.net, So great! He's become a good friend and a big advocate and fan our our barbecue. Go Scott & Fam!!!!!

Name:	IMG_0380.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	735290

That Table & the Beef Rib!!!!

Name:	IMG_0414 (2).jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	735291

Teaser Pic: The Smokehouse at Night!

Name:	IMG_0303.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	735286
                    ​

​​​​​​​
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Donw
                      Donw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just outstanding. I know that thousands will cross that threshold of yours and provide the reward for all the hard work you did to fulfill your dream.

• JoeSousa
                      JoeSousa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The place is looking awesome. Love the look and simplicity of the tables. And that cutting station is awesome.

• W.A.
                      W.A. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are in deep now! Looks fantastic. Best of luck.

Somehow I think that now that you're officially open, you still won't be able to catch up on your sleep. But keep trying!

It looks great and I bet the food is out of this world.

Congratulations on successfully reaching your goal. You put so much hard work into it that I hope it prospers for decades to come.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for allowing us to share the journey with you. Can't wait to stop by and have a bite or 12.

Comment

Looks great. Congrats on reaching and achieving your dream.

Comment

Proud of you, Paul!!

Comment

#theBackyard

Name:	backyard.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	751382

Comment

Congratulations on a beautiful journey. The restaurant looks fantastic!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here