Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Construction Update #1, continued...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1820.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	661366
    Around the Vent Hood area, you need Metal Studs, or you have to offset the vent hood 6" from the wall. Metal studs it is!

Name:	IMG_1817.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	661368

Name:	IMG_1831.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	661367
    I'm raising the ceiling in the kitchen to 9', so we have a roomier feel, and more room for upper shelf storage above the tables and the fridges. It's SO BIG!!!! something like 43 x 13.

Name:	IMG_1917.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	661370
    This the carpenter for the exterior work. YEah!

Name:	IMG_1932.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	661372
    Metal studs and rear portion covered up. That center roof section is coming out soon, new roofline on the kitchen.

Name:	IMG_1930.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	661369
    Now the front part of the kitchen expansion! Notice the larger model of the Kindling Cracker in the picture, as well as the Ash can!

Name:	IMG_2013.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	661373
    The back section with lights!

Name:	IMG_2050.JPG
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	661374
    Now you can see that roof on the kitchen is gone, and that beautiful 9' ceiling is getting ready! Notice the beautiful, majestic Oaks in the backyard!

Name:	IMG_2066.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	661375
    TheOakTrees, my friends! So great! All day shade in the backyard seating, next to the smokehouse!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet Progress!
      I'm so Stoked fer yall; this is a Big Event, in my book!
      Love them oak trees, bein from Druid stock!

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      "bein from druid stock" so fun!

Thanks Paul! My mom is doing well. I'm sure I'll make it in relatively soon. Making lots of trips that way. I'm hoping to swing by and grab some grub on my way to DeRidder. I'll bring a load up the road and spread the joy!

Comment

Beautiful, Paul. We will be down there before the end of the year. Got a trip to the NE for the wife to get out of the way first.

Comment

Thanx for the update Paul! Everything is lookin' good and I am lookin' forward to more updates.

Comment

Love it!! Keep on trucking.

Comment

Dudes, we're getting close! I've never worked so hard in my life.

This, my friends, is a grease trap. 1,000 gallons and expensive!

Name:	IMG_3357.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	702550

My concrete guys' crew had trouble (he fired a couple of them) so I took over and did the form boards setup, making sure it was square and level for the pitroom.

Name:	IMG_3408.JPG
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	702551
            Now the pour!!

Name:	IMG_3445.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	702548

Sam getting on the news, again!

Name:	IMG_3759.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	702546

Now we're putting the pits on the slab...all 3 of them! First, the new Myron Mixon 1k all wood fired cabinet style smoker!

Name:	IMG_3780.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	702545

Now, the custom 9 food cutting board base for our cutting station, complete with the Flame of Freedom inlayed in Cherry!

Name:	IMG_3280.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	702549

Back to construction: had to trench a line for the electric to be moved - we're going to remove our electric pole and go underground.

Name:	IMG_3761.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	702547

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              That's it ROAD TRIP !!!!!!

I'm still lovin' your journey Paul. Please keep the updates comin'. And I know you will...

Comment

VERY IMPRESSED !!!!!!
              You have ur game on HIGH !!

Comment

Wow. This is big BBQ business. It is so exciting to follow along with your journey, PaulstheRibList . I wish you all the best. You so deserve it!

Kathryn

Comment

What an absolutely stunning rig. I am humbled each and every day I log onto this site. Prior to joining I thought I was obsessed/dedicated/knowledgeable/over the top......I have not even made it to tee-ball, let alone the big leagues!!

Congratulations and good luck with your business ,I am sure you will be successful!!

Signed,
                  Little fish in the freakn' ocean!

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So you are the little guy in yer picture, 🕶

Wow is all I got this mornin, Brother!
                  Ya can always say ya built this shack, literally from th ground, up!
                  I know alla yalls hard work will be richly rewarded by th opportunity to do even more hard work, operatin th new place...
                  Keep up th good work, an take a rest, now an again, so ya'll be healthy, an able to keep on doin this...
                  Poor Sam looks purty miserably uncomfortable to be in th media spotlight, please tell him I said" Fine Job, all around!"

Comment

Man I can't wait to get down that way and try some of your q. Looking like great progress, wishing you all the best.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yet another Pit BBQ Destination, huh? I eagerly await yalls arrival, even yer 'bean stingy' Mrs., lol!

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know Mr. Bones. I need to get travelling.

This is awesome Paul! Loved your story in Instagram too. It looks like the dream is really coming together! Hard work pays off!

Comment

Wow! What a journey and project. Getting closer.

Comment

Thank you all for your kindness and encouragement!

I'll be candid for a minute: This project is SO HARD. I've never worked harder in my life. And I'm not one to shy away from hard work. Every day I get new challenges and questions and things to remember. Sometimes, it's not all that fun. But, like Jesus said in John 16, a woman in childbirth has great pain, but she forgets it all when the joy comes from the birth of the beautiful baby! I'm sure I'll look back on this season as a fun story when we are up and running and it's going great.

Well, I tried to upload these pics with last night's post, but it just didn't work. Here are some pics of our building and the fantastic lights in the majestic Oaks!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3455.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	703404

I'm hoping you are sensing a theme here: RED. RibShackRed. This color is called Show Stopper. I agree!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3774.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	703402

I'm having so much fun lighting up these beautiful trees!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3459.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.64 MB ID:	703405

This is the view from high atop my manlift, about midnight. It's a 45' lift, and I'm near the top of the front trees. So great!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3421.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	703401

The trees and lights work so well with the red smokers, don't you think?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3807.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	703407

Yes!!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2897.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	703409

Here's your hint about the interior decor: Sinker Cyprus Trim and Accents! Flooring going in tomorrow, then the trim next week!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3258.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.19 MB ID:	703410

Thank you all for helping me get folks on #theRibList

Your friendly, neighborhood @BishopofBBQ,
                        paul
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by PaulstheRibList; June 29, 2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• texastweeter
                          texastweeter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice that sinker is expensive stuff, but beautiful. My mantle is wormwood hickory only because I couldn't find a hand made cypress sinker one at first Monday in Canton.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here