Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a few years since I've been over to Louisiana, but if I am ever heading anywhere near Lake Charles, I know where I am stopping for lunch and/or dinner!

Comment

Very nice! Day shot!

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Great stuff Paul. All of it! Hmmm... night shot?

Comment

you do such cool things and have such a great attitude about it! if i am ever in your neck of the woods i will surely stop in. i might even ask for uncle bbq and say hi!

Comment

It is awesome living vicariously through you. You are living the dream many of us have from time to time.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            It's fun and exhausting! I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the tasks, big and small, before me to get this open and perfect.

Wow real progress, wishing you blue smoke brother. Me too! The new roof is on my premises, and just waiting for final permit to commence fit out of the smokehouse and restaurant.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190220_143737.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	639637

Name:	Stove locations.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	639638

Comment

PaulstheRibList I’ll be in Lafayette the 1st weekend in April. Maybe I’ll catch a whiff of you.

Wait a minute...that doesn’t sound quite right 😎.
          Well, you catch my drift...um, that doesn’t sound right either 😎.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
            Editing a comment
            Lol, we'll both smell like the smoke from a clean, live wood fire!

Well, if you keep your phone on, sometimes you get a call from the local TV station asking if you can be up at the station in a couple hours to talk local festivals and your barbecue joint! Luckily, we had some Beef Short Ribs in and Turkey vacuum sealed in the fridge we could warm up and then race over to the set for the noon hour!

Enjoy

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Her reaction to that first bite was priceless Paul. Congrats, and I'm happy you are getting the coverage you deserve.

• JoeSousa
            JoeSousa commented
            Editing a comment
            That's awesome. Great segment. And awesome looking meat!

• NapMaster
            NapMaster commented
            Editing a comment
            KPLC gave you some love. Glad they gave you a shout and congrats.

Nice video. Glad to see you're getting some well-deserved air time, PaulstheRibList .

Kathryn

Comment

my most common complaint at lunch each day is why i live in the only place in enc that does not have a real bbq restaurant. closest is almost an hour away. can't imagine you not being a huge success! good luck!

Comment

I just stumbled and read all of this thread. Truly incredible! Never seen so many beef ribs in my life. Very hard to find for me around here.

love to see all the hard work paying off

Comment

Ffannnnnnntastic, with Louisiana Flare. 👍👍👍. 🕶

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                  Editing a comment
                  You like that one? I'm still thinking about our tagline description, but "Texas style barbecue with Louisiana Flair" sounds good so far!

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best of both worlds! Yup!

Guess what? We are under construction!!! It's fun, well, sort of, and tons of work. Here's a little update:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0067.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	661319
                We hung some test lights in November. So pretty! I learned the straight up Edison lights will last a while, but the filimants are def. for interior, not exterior. Experimenting with other lights in the same style strands last few months, as well as with professional light guy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0306.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	661320
                Built some more wood racks one afternoon when a guy was showing up with 2 chords and I didn't have a place for them.
                #StickburnerForever

New fence in back is up...and I have this little bit of yard-art in front of it, testing...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1187.JPG Views:	1 Size:	6.39 MB ID:	661322
                Here are the foundations for the back of the kitchen expansion. Found a tank in the ground, lol. All fixed up now!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1432.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.80 MB ID:	661323
                Isn't drawing in wet cement a must? Also, did you know that Jesus is recorded with some super cool live-fire cooking? #LookItUp

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1415.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.43 MB ID:	661326
                Well, I am the Bishop of BBQ after All!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1411.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.13 MB ID:	661327

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1797.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	661324
                Here's the back addition platform after the slab is up. Under the lights!!!

Name:	image_86380.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	661325The Serving counter!!!!

Name:	image_86375.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	661321 This house was added onto several times, and we found a sagging ceiling where they move the front of the house out but did not put a beam. A single 2x6 header supported the weight. So when we took out the cased opening walls and put up beams in each of them, we have the support to cut out and put a beam in the ceiling (no pic).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2056-smaller.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.38 MB ID:	661328
                And a view of our place from the South. Trees Trees and Red things!

Comment

• Willard
                  Willard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks great. Someday on one of our trips to La. maybe we can make it to Lake Charles. Cheers 🥃

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jus Beautimous, mon sha!

I'm so excited fer yall, well deserved payoff, after an incredible amount of dedication, devotion, an lotsa elbow grease!

Mebbe, when I git down that way, I can finagle a job as a busboy, or summat?

Probly suits my skill level, best!

• PaulstheRibList
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr. Bones, you would be the best!!!

Awesome man! I was in LC for a few days with my mother in the hospital. Your place was closed on the days I was there. I also talked with a dude in the ER. He had a BBQ shirt on and I asked if he had been to your place. He said no. I told him you were on Nelson Rd. I have a strong suspicion he'll be coming in to graze at some point.

Like the cement work too! 👍🙏

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                  Editing a comment
                  How's your mom? Please let me know if I can lend in your support of her. Please keep trying to catch us and I can't wait to meet you.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bishop of BBQ is a great nom-de-plumes (of smoke, of course).

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here