Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Top o th Mornin (here) to ya, Brother!

Great to see ya!

• MeatMonster
      MeatMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Mr. Bones - the rumours of my demise were greatly exaggerated! Honestly I am so busy at the moment with work to get my own BBQ smokehouse and takeaway opened its crazy. However we are making good progress and have secured the permits we need to open the premises. So its very exciting! Hope you are well and have a great year of Q ahead of you. Post ya later !

It has been so much fun to watch your business grow over the past several years, PaulstheRibList . These two latest additions are awesome. They look like they could be stood vertically and shot into space. Now there's a thought...the first Rib Shack on the moon. Seriously, though, congratulations on all of your success. May it continue for many years to come.

Kathryn

Comment

• dahcopilot
      dahcopilot commented
      Editing a comment
      what she said

Congratulations. Looks fantastic!

Comment

Congratulations! That’s awesome. I wish you the very best. Hopefully, one of these trips to La. I can score some of your Q!

Comment

I agree - not just good luck, but great luck Paul.

Comment

That is great!

Comment

Hey Pit! Hope you all are doing great. We've been busy here. I secured my new spot in Sept, 2018 and starting then we've been open with the Trailer every Friday and Saturday.

I immediately started working on plans for remodeling and preparing to open the restaurant. It took 3.5 months to go from plans to...a Building Permit!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1166.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	637380

Name:	IMG_1092.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	637382
            Here's the layout for the property:

Name:	4800 Nelson, Proposed Changes in Layout, ver9 - Smokehouse, Dumpster, Grease Trap.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	637385
            And the house:

And the serving counter, where we show off the tasty barbecue and get it on the guest's platter!

Name:	4800 Nelson, Proposed Changes in Layout, ver9 - serving counter.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	637384

What kind of tasty barbecue, you ask? This kind!

Name:	IMG_1171.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	637378

Name:	IMG_0859.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	637377

We have our new pit in the frontyard, until the smokehouse is lit, and I just hung new banners out there. What do you think, Daytime or Night looks better?

Rememer, #LifeIsMoreFunOntheRibList
            Attached Files

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Very cool! Congratulations Paul! Now to pick between the pics...hmm...while I like both of them for different reasons I would have to go with night.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! This is EXTREMELY cool, and I love both shots, but the night time is cooler.

• Bumby
              Bumby commented
              Editing a comment
              You continue to live the dream - congrats! I prefer the nighttime shot over the daytime shot. Of course, I prefer the meat pictures over the nighttime or daytime shot...

Wow and congrats Paul! I would wish you good luck, but you have the talent, so luck is only a tiny portion of the equation.

Comment

Oh oh, I smell a poll takin place, I dunno if this is goin to end up rigged or not. I vote day. That red honkin pit is awesome out front. 👍👍👍. 🕶

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              PaulstheRibList commented
              Editing a comment
              Your are right, so pretty!

That night shot is killer! I just would find a way to keep the smoker visible. Too beautiful to cover up.

Comment

I vote for the night shot. You can see the reflection of the lights on the pit. I see a roadtrip in my near future. You're not far!! TBTG

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              Dude, you are just a couple hours down the street! Let me know, [email protected] when you might be passing our way!

• NapMaster
              NapMaster commented
              Editing a comment
              I will. I think the next time I go see my parents (DeRidder) I'll swing by for a visit and I'll pick up some grub to bring to them. Spent many an evening way back in the day in Lake Charles.

WOW! Congrats Paul! This is great news!

You should do a Pit Cast interview with Rempe. On the BBQCentralShow It would be awesome to hear all about the new restaurant!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              Love to!!

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, I will shoot Remps an E-mail. He should reach out to you. Thanks Paul! And congrats again!

• clb239
              clb239 commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be awesome to hear...

So cool! I love the night shot too! Keep up the great work!

Comment

After reading and re-reading this thread multiple times all I can say is WOW! This is such an awesome journey. Thank you for making us a part of it and good luck with the new shop!

Comment

Looking fantastic already. Wish I was closer. By the way, I think the night shot wins!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here