Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always enjoy your updates Paul. Keep 'em coming, (and I know you will ).

Comment

PaulstheRibList, What The Whata Paul❓ It's Been A While Since I've Seen Your Post Here I Figured You And Your Crew Were Practicing "SUMMER HIBERNATION"❓❗️❓ Now That You And Your Crew Are Up For All Day Head Due North On USA 281 +- 1600 Miles About 50 Miles North Of The SD/ND Line You Will Come To Dickey ND❗️ You And Your Crew Can Take In The SWEET N' STICKEY RIB COOK-OFF, 14 July 2018‼️
      We Will Look Forward To You And The Crew❗️
      From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        Dan, that would be an Epic Road Trip!

I'll have to update the post when I take apart the back of my trailer and beef it up. The big pit is bending the frame, and I'll have to don the ole' welding jacket and hood and get 'er beefed up, if you will pardon the pun.

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paul, It's Just Great To Here From You‼️ Ypu Must Be Working, If You're Bending That Much❓❗️❓ Good Luck On Your Repurs❗️ DAN
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; July 11, 2018, 09:55 PM.

Hey Pit Friends!

I'll try to give an update a little more frequently. I'm just working and working and working!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-13 17.26.08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	536200
      This guy and his wife are our best customers! They buy whole racks and share with friends all the time. Love em!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-06 17.10.15.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	536202
      Here's a little pick of the #MiniMenu. On a busy vend, I'll stand outside and talk to the guests and have fun, share with them our food an story, and help them pick an order in the process. We went to a la carte a couple of months ago. We were doing combo plates, and you run through a ton of sides doing that! When I saw people not even eating all the sides...I had to do something.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-13 07.17.49.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	536203 Our trailer arrived late October 2016. It's still really pretty, but a few things have broken. Like the slide out on the generator tray. Putting that 300 pound big honda in the bed of my truck and taking it out for every move is, well, a lot of work! I changed the new slide out, but had to make 2 runs to the store, turning what I hoped would be a 30 minute project into 2.5 hours. I had to climb in the generator box to run the self-tapping metal screws in. This was Friday about 9 pm, and it was still in the mid-90's and 95% humidity. It was hot!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-21 11.18.00.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	536207
      Beef Ribs! Beef ribs are so great. SoGreat!!! Had a big catering order yesterday, 175 folks for Brisket, Chicken, Mac, Slaw, plus 50 Beef Ribs! Did I mention how great they are??!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-14 18.04.36.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	536208 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_69017.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	536201 It's hard not to just post pic's of beef ribs...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-19 13.27.13.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	536206
      Employee party day at a local hospital Thursday, and it was HOT! I have to bring a 2nd generator to run a 2nd AC. We have a CVAP warmer in the trailer, and it and the trailer AC do battle and it's close to a stalemate. Without the 2nd AC, it gets hot hot and it's tough for the crew not to wilt some after several hours. Here is the security guard from the hospital. We were a little later than we hoped, and cooked the ribs on racks (ribs for 200 people is a lot of ribs!). Some of them got too hot and scorched. When I walked by and asked how his food was and his response was polite, no big praise, I knew something was off. We were slammed with 200 employees in an hour or so, and some of the quality control on culling these few overcooked ribs was missed. So I have him some replacements and he loved them!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-14 18.05.50.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	536205
      There's a resort here, and one of their folks came and mystery shopped us, looking for a barbecue caterer to help with an event now and then. Do you guys think she will like this beef rib?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-13 19.56.55.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	536204
      I understand that Selling Out of food is mostly a Texas Barbecue thing. I'm ok with adopting my neighboring state's deal. If you cook it and don't sell it, that's tough on the ole' pocketbook.

We are selling out regularly now. Almost never have any brisket left!

I'll tease you about my next post: #PastramiExperiments

#GetOntheRibList

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Workness!

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paul, It Sounds Like You Are Reaching The Point Of Needing A 2nd Trailor, (Smaller)❓ Dan

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Danjohnston949 I would love to have a food truck that we can serve from, so a guy who doesn't have the experience to move the big rig could take a helper and go sell. And I'm in the process of building and buying 1,000 gallon propane tank stickburner, that I'll mount on a trailer and enclose in fabric mesh.

This is still a great thread Paul! Keep the posts coming!!

Comment

How much wood and what type are you going through a month? where are you sourcing it?

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Dude, finding wood is a bit of a trick! We are burning a chord a month, maybe a little more. Mostly oak. I have a guy splitting and storing several chords of great Pecan in a covered open warehouse of his. My goal is to have about 20 chords of wood stored all around my place, drying and looking great!

You are living the dream, PaulstheRibList ! Awesome!

Comment

Best of luck to you. It is a beautiful set up and, from the sounds of it, you have your ducks in a row to get it rolling right.

Comment

What Bumby said. You are indeed living the dream, PaulstheRibList . You deserve all the success that comes your way. There's a lot of hard work that goes into that success, and I commend you for it.

And, when you have the time, keep these wonderful posts coming.

Best wishes,
      Kathryn

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Thank you!!

Keep this train rolling Paul! We are all rooting for you and your continued success. You are a prime example of what hard work and dedication will do! I can't wait to come down and #getontheriblist!

I might take a slow boat down the Mississippi from Minneapolis. Hit up St. Louis and Memphis on the way down! I have always thought that would be an epic summer trip. (maybe for retirement, but I am gonna do it one of these days.)

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Dude, the trip down the Mississippi would be so great!!! I've thought about making "the Loop" which goes up the Mississippi, across the Great Lakes, down the Intracoastal to Miami, then back up on it to New Orleans #SmokeBBQOntheBoat

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Plus, I have a couple of great friends in Minneapolis, and bet that I will make another trip up there in the next couple years! #ThankYouForTheEncouragement

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You make sure to give me a call when you are in town, brother! PaulstheRibList

i'm going to find your food truck and give you half hearted praise so i can get seconds! i'm just kidding, i think my meat comma face would give it away...

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        A man with a plan! Gotta like that! ;-)

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!! We keep selling out, so that bad review may help you get seconds. Getting there earlier would do it even better!

Anyone want to venture some guesses as to what's going on in this picture?
      #GetOntheRibList
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6850.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	561060

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        You have a soon to be open restaurant

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Where there are smokers people will come. And sit, and eat, and drink, and say "Which way to the bathroom?". +1 on the restaurant. That would be awesome!

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with the brick and mortar crowd.

Ya ran out of wood? 🕶
      And yer about to chop up that porch so’s you kin BBQ.

Comment

Local dentist has you cookin to drum up new customers?

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Staging area for setting up in the gas station next door!

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          😁😁

Yes Sir (and M'am), it's Rib Shack Time! #BrickAndMortar #NoBricksHowever

It's not far from my house, with a Oak Tree Shade! I'll share more of the whole story...I'm so tired! Lots of work to do!
        How do you like the Instagram lights on the front porch?

Name:	IMG_6856.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	562783
        Here's a front view, complete with our banner's suspended in the front signboard!

Name:	IMG_6884.JPG
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	562788
        Made some wooden signs to communicate with the drivers by!

Name:	IMG_6803.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	562784

Name:	IMG_6863.JPG
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	562785

It's right next to the brand new Kroger and shopping center in a great part of town. Everyone driving into Kroger will get a whiff of the great clean live wood fire, and a view of our whole setup, including the pits and outdoor shaded seating in the back yard!

Name:	IMG_6782.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	562786

It's all so pretty!

Name:	IMG_6879.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	562789

Opening day of the Food Truck on this site was Saturday, and guess what? #SoldOut

Name:	IMG_6823.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	562782
        Attached Files

Comment

Woo hoo, sooo happy for you and wish you the best!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here