Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PaulstheRibList, Paul have You ever run Your Trailor Across a Scale when it's loaded like that❓ Might Scare the H--- Out of You‼️
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      I did check the tire pressure in all those trailer tires before I loaded it. The wood guy is about an hour away, in the woods... So I wanted to prevent any tire problems.

That would be a fun idea next time! #TonsOfWood

l hope to come back as Rita Pecan in my next life as a.... Um.... Okay. I just like the name! Cool as always Paul!

Comment

I don’t know if I’ve updated you guys on what it looks like to scale up your rub making game. It looks like 60 pound boxes arriving from Penzeys.com. If you haven’t opened up a big bag of incredible Black pepper before...Dude! Open up a 10 pound bag of said Black Pepper, and it’s even better!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D911F960-209D-46E5-86A1-CA7D217D6D30.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	397057 #LifeIsMoreFunOntheRibList

Comment

This should last a week or two...

Name:	6CA293EC-9F6D-499C-A4FC-043DE6072CA5.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	397088

Comment

Looks CRAZY!!! Thanks for sharing the journey.

Comment

That is a stunning trailer setup!

Comment

Our local university has a cultural series called Banners, bringing art and speakers and such to the city. It's pretty cool. They have a big fundraiser, a Wine and Food Tasting called Rouge et Blanc. It's grown and is now a pretty big deal. They sell 1,400 tickets, $125 each, and they all sold the 1st day! I'd call that popular!

We entered this year, along with 45 or so other Food and Wine vendors. We were asked to make 1,400 tasting dishes. That's a lot!

Wanting to make a big 'ole WOW! Impression, we pulled out the big guns:

BEEF RIB Crumble over 5-Cheese Creamy Mac, served in a 2 oz cup with a cute Gelato Spoon! Not the best picture, but here are a couple of the tasty cups of happiness!

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	402067

Here's the process...

Name:	IMG_0025.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	402069

The fillet on top of the rib is so fun to cut off. Beef Ribs are so great, as you all know. We sliced the filet cross grain, which is at a slight angle from 90 degrees. Then quartered the big slices so it was easy to git some rib in each of your 4-5 spoons of mac in the cup.

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	402068

Then you have to pull the side meat below the filet, and sprinkle it on top. I LOVE the side meat! Of course, the big pile of bones is just showing off!

Name:	IMG_0052.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	402066

This lady is taking the bone over to her husband to tell him where the tasty barbecue is!

Name:	IMG_0040.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	402064
            I sort of knew there was a judging, but not much on the details...and we Won Best Home Grown! (Best Local Restaurant)

Name:	IMG_0055.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	402065

Yes!!!!!

#50orSoBeefRibs
            #10PansofMac
            #LotsofNewRibListers

#LifeIsMoreFunOntheRibList

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              texastweeter Beef Back Ribs are great! But these are full Bone-In Beef Short Ribs, also know at the #FerrariofBarbecueMeats

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Looked like back ribs due to the curvature. All the shorts/plates/chuck ribs I get are completely flat. May just be the camera angle though. Anyway, beef ribs are all great. Probably my favorite... That a good brisket, or a Good hot gut

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a great picture of a couple of winners!

Congrats! Paul

Comment

Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

Comment

you live in a dream world. i want to go to there

Comment

That looks like another winner Paul.

Comment

I'm smoking some chucks this morning and been up since 6, bored because everyone else is asleep and I don't want to wake the boss and anger her! I've sat and read thru this ENTIRE thread! Paul, Bless you and your family. It's one thing to do a start up, another to do a start up Food Truck and entirely another thing to throw in plenty of Witnessing and charity!
            A young man that used to work at my work quit and started his own food truck...Fish from Heaven, here in Memphis. Having followed him along thru the trials and travails of getting a truck outfitted, getting the proper permits and getting thru the Health Dept, I would say you have done quite well. Good job, indeed!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              Dude, thank you for the encouragement!!!! #BishopStyleBBQ

It's a new year, and I have a full 3 Person crew, plus my daughters and friends who work the register on big vend days. So...we've got enough capacity to Vend Regularly!

I was driving back across our historic I-10 Cross-Pistol Bridge today, with a gorgeous view of "Lake Charles" and our downtown, and I just thought about how we are Vending in theLC, so I grabbed the phone, while safely driving, and snapped a few pics with all my Paul's Rib Shack merch/swag on display on the dash of my truck, along with a couple American Flags. The Cross-Pistols are the start of this pic. I Love it!

Here is #theSchedule!
            Click image for larger version  Name:	1-Bridge RibShack - the Schedule.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	445339

Here is my box from last Saturday. Brisket, Ribs, Turkey, Mac, Beans, Slaw.
            #GetOntheRibList
            Click image for larger version  Name:	1-box.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	445338

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              Paul, I Don't See Fargo ND On The List❓❓ Dan

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              It's a fer piece up there to your neck of the woods! We are headed to Miami in a few weeks!

Well you please FedEx that to me Paul?

Comment

Me too! Everything looks great Paul. This has been a great time, following you on your journey.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here