Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's almost time! I've been working since yesterday afternoon to get ready for the initial gig for our new Paul's Rib Shack trailer, cooking for the band, VIP's and volunteers for tomorrow evenings CrowderMusic.com concert at our church!

It's Midnight, and I'm all cleaned up and about to hit the hay. Pulling out around 6:30 to light to park in the yard at church, light the fires and get the party started!

I'm so glad God lit a fire in me, and then I can share the joy with others. I feel like I get to paint a picture of God's glory on meat, and when I do it right, it looks sort of like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1 ribshackbanneratdusk.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	232426

Tomorrow, 85 pounds of Bone-In Beef Short Ribs, some Prime Briskets, Turkey Breasts, St. Louis Cut #WhoDatRibs, a great day with friends, a chance to honor an artist who has been so helpful to me in my life and my following Jesus...and some SuperFun with sharing the Barbecue Love with these friends!

Your friendly neighborhood @BishopofBBQ

Comment

PaulstheRibList , wishing you every possible blessing, and success for your Premiere Cook!
      You do know we want more pics. Right?

Comment

Truly awesome, great looking rig, and love that logo! Good luck!

Comment

I love carrying a story. In this case, painting a picture of God's glory on meat, @BishopofBBQ food truck art style! It's Friday Night, and @notorioussam and I just wrapped up prepping about 85 pounds of #BoneInBeefShortRibs n 5 some prime #Briskets for www.crowdermusic.com and co to feast on Sunday Night! Did i mention yet how pumped we are? (OK, you caught me...I didn't take pictures of us Friday Night. Here is Thursday night's practice cook of Beef Ribs.)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1334.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	233490
          Bone In Beef Short Ribs are AMAZING!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1326.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	233489
          Also trying some Prime IBP Briskets from my new Sysco supplier.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1325.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	233486
          Maybe you were asking, "@BishopofBBQ, why do you love the Bone-In Beef Ribs so much?" Well, you tell me:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1331.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.22 MB ID:	233487

Here are those same ribs, Early Sunday Morning, with the Glory of the Sunrise shining down on them, a foreshadowing of what these would be transformed into via 6-7 hours at 250-275 in the smoker...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1349.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.56 MB ID:	233494

With the Briskets on, we took a moment to bask in that awesome morning light, and the fun of my new rig!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1344.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.23 MB ID:	233492

And, of course, you need wood! We burned nearly all of this, in a split fire, one on each side, of the box. We started with Hickory, about 8 am when the Briskets went on. Beef Ribs went on about 10. Then switched to Pear (right side of the truck) about Noon when the Turkey breasts went on. Upped heat to 275 or better as the day got closer, to crisp up the potatoes.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1341.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.35 MB ID:	233488

Yep, the smoker is BIG!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1353.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	233491

Tending a fire, as I mentioned in the post of the gentleman seeking to buy a new stickburner, is super fun, and even more so when we have an insulated firebox!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1355.JPG Views:	2 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	233495

I friend for 27 years, Todd Bragg, is a member of the Crowder Music band! He is an incredible musician, and an even better dude! Todd was a part of the friend group that included the guy who shared with me who Jesus is. In fact, the day of the concert, October 23rd, is the 27th Anniversary of the day I heard the Good News about Jesus and put my trust in Him. God took me out of the fire and put a new fire inside of me! I'm so glad God gave me such a cook Birthday Present as to cook for the artist who has been the most influential for my life! (I shared about this a couple years ago and recorded it, here. I'd love for any of you to listen to my store, https://youtu.be/vT9F-LA2Pz4.)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1359.JPG Views:	1 Size:	830.0 KB ID:	233493

Here's a cool pic of our rig, all set up in the yard at the church property, replete with the Banners we had printed, including a special one to welcome the band, with their CD, American Prodigal.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1357.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.79 MB ID:	233497

Here's the CD Cover, it's so cool I have to share it with you guys! Seriously, click on Crowder's Youtube account and let some of these songs play as you tool around here on thePit! https://www.youtube.com/user/CrowderVEVO
          Click image for larger version  Name:	American Prodigal - Album_Cover.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	233499
          The first cut released from the new Album is called, Run Devil Run. And in the music video, https://youtu.be/US1-R-R9lYQ, Crowder ends up chasing the devil in an Airboat. After all, Crowder sings that he has somethin' make the devil gonna run (Jesus). Well, I grew up here in SW Louisiana, and hunted ducks every weekend of every duck season from Age 5 to Age 22, when I went away to grad school. I LOVED hunting with my dad! And we used this cool devise on our boats for the shallow water call Go Devil's. My Brother is still in the boat business, so I borrowed a modern version of this and parked it in the yard to let Crowder and the crew know they were among friends!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1366.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.47 MB ID:	233498

I hope you guys enjoy my story!

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen brother! Great testimony!

Now, THE FOOD!

Chef Kyle came back this year and made his famous Crawfish Corn Machaux. I bought a 10 gallon Jambalaya pot (so I can sautee veggies for our beans on the rig; all our cooking is done outside, and a Jambalaya pot is PERFECT for this!). Here is Chef Kyle adding another layer of seasoning to the cast iron on the pot as we get started.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1351.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.53 MB ID:	233510

Menu:
          A.) 85 pounds of Upper Choice or Better Bone In Black Angus Beef Short Ribs(dry brined 2 days before, then smoked with Big Bad Beef Rub). They were GREAT!!!! People ate them up the whole night. We served dinner at 5. Then the 2nd dinner/Afterparty about 10:30. We have about 8 ribs left.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1412.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.84 MB ID:	233511

B.) 5 Upper Choice/Prime Black Angus Briskets (dry brined 2 days before, then smoked with Big Bad Beef Rub). They also came out GREAT!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1378.JPG Views:	2 Size:	4.15 MB ID:	233507

C.) 10 Turkey Breasts, boneless. They were supposed to come fresh. Nope. Frozen. And had a saline injection. So, we cooked a test one, with a little salt and then Cherry Rub. It was great. Smoked some with Cherry, some with Desert Gold. Both were great! SOme of them in the back of the cooker were overcooked. No problem, we had more than we needed. They were very good! Some of them could have been pulled a few minutes earlier. They were popular!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1385.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	233505
          Here is the Tour Manager, Jay...I think he's digging the Turkey!

Name:	image_28882.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	233508
          D.) 5 racks of St. Louis Cut Spares, with Generous Memphis Dust. After all, the New Orleans Saints were playing, so we had to make some #WhoDatRibs. We pulled these a little before we were done to make room for the Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes.

E.) Crawfish Corn Machaux. Wow!!!! It is great. Yep, I forgot to take a picture (I was BUSY!).

F.) Chef Kyle made a rockin slaw!

G.) The Princesses of theRibShack made 5 Homemade desserts: Blondies, Brownies, Pecan Awesome, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Bread Pudding. End result: All Gone and Rave Reviews!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1387.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.31 MB ID:	233513

H.) Meathead Beans, with a little mod here or there. They were GREAT! This pic is of the 2nd pan, that was left on the cooker during the concert, so the texture is really strong on the top. It's still tasted great!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1388.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.61 MB ID:	233506

The Band and Artists had a great time, and could not stop raving about the food!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1382.JPG Views:	1 Size:	702.5 KB ID:	233504
          Here is the happy crew of #PaulsRibShack
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1375.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.70 MB ID:	233509
          Sam is cutting away! I didn't cut anything until the afterparty, and then just for fun. (I'm still the best cutter, but the guys are catching up!)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1415.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	233512

OK, well, we got the rig ready. We did some practice cooks to understand the cooker a bit. And on Sunday, I got to spend all but maybe 40 minutes of 19 hours on my feet. Did I mention I'm getting a little older and my feet hurt standing and working that long?

It was great, and the reviews and encouragements keep on coming. My pastor says my service example is contagious. I'll take that!

Here is my beautiful family with David. #GoJesus2That
          Love, paul
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Crowder 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	233514

Comment

Great write up, you are truly blessed, congrats!!

Comment

Wonderful to see you living out your dreams, keep it up!

Comment

Paul what is your impression of the h2o come March I am planning on the 60, and possibly the 72 in the future for competition when I decide to slow down on my driving for work.

Comment

Looks fantastic! Best of luck!

Comment

It's refreshing to see a Godly man being blessed to be able to do what is his passion in Gods will.

I have been thinking about doing exactly what your doing but I haven't been able to get the financial end of things done. I'm praying that God reveals what direction he wants for me.

Comment

PaulstheRibList This is amazing -- what an adventure! We'll all have to live vicariously through your posts and pics. Just followed you on Twitter.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                      PaulstheRibList commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dude - Thanks for the encouragement! #TailgateingAnyone?

Originally posted by Elgine View Post
                    Paul what is your impression of the h2o come March I am planning on the 60, and possibly the 72 in the future for competition when I decide to slow down on my driving for work.
                    Elgine like every pit (except the Jambo) she takes a little while to find out the this-and-thats of her. Like where the hot spots are. My biggest fear is that the moisture from the water pan would delay that gorgeous bark formation that I love so dearly, on ribs in particular. Testing on ribs has been less frequent than needed to dial that in. Overall, she works GREAT! More on that soon.

Comment

Hey Everybody!

I'm making progress practicing on the new Myron Mixon pit and getting the trailer outfitted.

Next BIG project is building a removable screen system for the back porch. SLE Equipment did not have a screen system they could recommend. So, I'll need to fabricate my own.

As a little refresher, here is what the back porch looks like

Name:	OB-N3ylHv4DwRUzvq7GCaUAqfmhFqzpSG8FCBA7Mw33aHaApR0crcAwy1SrJ1YFPMamaQ03fDmAWS2NAKYvuNKFqtEZoEHBSeW2hVfK67Bka50ND7FK1P43iTWh-elcoPe9ZFPQbzTFPlnUViTOr1WqffvQGATrZbjV0LRdszLS3PuVoPknCrYslH9YSCCkmYWN_tFMr_mV_oS_gelyToCTMwmthF4-ze6QKOPNFsKTMbVMUvp7nAcvqqmPMCRi
Views:	168
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	238370

Have any of you done any such screen system fabrication?

The Fun Never Stops!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                        Jerod Broussard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        SLE got some NICE trailers!! Looking gooooooooooooood!!

I was just commenting on David Parrish 's brisket post, and it got me thinking of this picture, and i couldn't help but put it on this here #RibShack thread.

#SmokeRingAddict
                      Attached Files

Comment

Love the thread but PLEASE let's keep the mentions of religion out of the discussion going forward. Thank you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here