Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoovarmin
    replied
    What a beautiful space and fantastic looking food!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Was that an Oktoberfest Pilsner I saw in a pic....
    10 months ago I would have said I would get down there one day to enjoy your cooking, today it looks kinds bleak.
    Happy things are working out for you.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    It's music to my ears to hear that you have reopened and are carrying on.

Those steaks look delicious.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    U can make anything work,,,,,what stamina
    Ur are the jewel of the neighborhood
    Good luck and keep ‘er goin !

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    replied
    Glad y'all survived both of those hurricanes alright! Looks Great!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to see things are working out. Great looking steaks, I want one!!!

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    That's a fantastically entertaining video! Congrat's - you earned all of the success that comes your way!

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    You thought right - that first pic is really nice! And the rest are great too! Wish I could eat at Paul's Rib Shack - but I'm afraid I'm too far away. Really do enjoy your posts though - fantastic job!

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    You always amaze me! Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Dang. No you got me wishing I had went to wolly world tonight after all and picked up a ribeye.

• RonB
    replied
    Wow. Those steaks look great Paul! I'm glad things are improving. Volunteer work can be very tiring, but it's still a good feeling.

I hope things continue to improve.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Welcome from the land of 2, count 'em, 2 Hurricane Landings in the last little bit. I'm officially about as tired I was in the heat of the construction of the restaurant, and that's a lot! Everything we have here in SW Louisiana is in some sort of broken condition, to one extent or another.

We reopened just 2 weeks and a couple days after Hurricane Laura blew through. We were also cooking at a community free food spot, at the location of a diner called Nina P's, in conjunction with some other restaurants. I didn't have many crew members back, and some of us had to go work the Nina P's for lunch, so we opened at night on Fri & Sat for the first week. We didn't have time to smoke briskets, so I decided to do another Steak Night for Saturday Night. I really wanted our friends and neighbors to have a place to go and eat that felt normal. I little respite from all the strain and uncertainty of hurricane recovery.

Since then, I've just kept up the Post-Hurricane tradition of Saturday Night Steak Night! We buy Upper 2/3's Choice Ribeye rolls, and break them down by hand. About 1 1/4 inch thick. I'll take the main membrane off the back and get the fat off the tail that I can get down with a boning knife. Then it's time to slice and weigh. On the small end of the roll, they weigh 16 oz. In the middle, cut to the same thickness, it's a proper 22-24 oz bad boy!

This week, I've been working at our laundries most of the week, getting stuff fixed and setup, and we did some charity cooks. In other words, busy. We were 3 people down at the restaurant for one reason or another, and both businesses were BUSY! My main man Sam was covering for some and at the end of a busy Friday, no Ribeyes were prepped for Saturday. So after clean, about 10:20 pm, I sat in the quiet of my kitchen after the crew left and but 4 whole Ribeye rolls. I saw that big stainless table and these pretty steaks and thought this pic would be nice...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5423.jpeg
Views:	559
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	926022
    And some Merch Staging, of course!

Name:	IMG_5424.jpeg
Views:	561
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	926023

Now, add some Salt and Pepper! 2.5 Salt to 1 Pepper, generous coating:

Name:	IMG_5425.jpeg
Views:	552
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	926024

For cooking, we smoke them on the Offset Stickburners until they get to 100 degrees, then pull and put them in a cambro to wait their turn on the Santa Maria Grill. We pull coals from the Offset Stickburners to feed the Santa Maria. Oh, they are pretty on the grill!

Name:	IMG_5071.JPG
Views:	560
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	926026

We are getting some rave reviews!! Here's theBackyard with some happy guests on a Saturday Night

Name:	IMG_4958.jpeg
Views:	623
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	926019

Here's a simple pic on a table, with a Smoked Loaded Potato nearby.

Name:	IMG_5436.jpeg
Views:	562
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	926020

We hold them in a pan in the humidity controlled warmer. Here is a pan of steaks that have been sitting out for a bit as we were cleaning last night. We had a few leftover so the crew got to take these home. I think we cooked 110 and sold all but these last night.

Name:	IMG_5443.jpeg
Views:	550
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	926025

I'm glad to put some normalcy into our difficult Hurricane recovery.

Love,
    paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Ya, well, how did it taste! 😎

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Yes PLEASE!

• fcy
    replied
    Just got here from another post and it was really cool to see the food truck and then opening your url to see you now have a dine-in restaurant and all. Congratulations!

P.S.: Your food looks delicious 🤤

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here