Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I'm happy to heat that things are getting back to normal for you Paul, and very happy to see that you can still smile.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Everything you do is impressive, PaulstheRibList , and your collection of knives fits right in with that approach. I really enjoyed reading your post.

I hope you get to take some time for yourself soon. You're in desperate need of a family vacay some place far away from work, I would imagine.

Wishing you well,
    Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; July 21, 2021, 06:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Cool Paul & gang! Keep ‘er smokin! 👍👍👍🕶

Leave a comment:

• Rfhd69
    commented on 's reply
    That’s an awesome collection!

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    That's some fine looking cutlery, I'd imagine displaying that arsenal would deter and thieves or robbers from darkening your doorway....not to mention slicing some mighty fine smoked bbq.
    Great to see your success continuing....

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Thought I would post something fun, that doesn't have anything to do with Hurricane Recovery, lol.

I love the knives we use at our place.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1646.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1064020

The Center of Attention is the 14" Wusthof Granton Slicer, affectionally known around these parts as theBrisketSword! We have a bunch of them, over 20. It's our primary knife on the cutting board. This one has my name on it!

Name:	IMG_1654.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1064021

In the mix here are some Shun knives, the Red Handled Made In French knife, a couple of carbon steel Old Hickory knives (which we don't use much), and the ubiquitous 8" flexible boning knife from

Name:	IMG_1647.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1064018

Andrew and I had a fun time setting up this picture after close one night a month or two ago. The Board we laid them on is our custom, 10' long cutting block, embossed with the Flame of Freedom right in the middle.

Name:	IMG_1657.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1064019

Ya'll have a great night, and keep those knives sharp and give 'em their regular practice slicing up that barbecue!

paul

Leave a comment:

• PBCDad
    commented on 's reply
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
    -Mother Teresa

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you guys! We have had too much.

1.Hurricane Laura
    2.Hurricane Delta
    3.Ice Storm (lots of damaged homes, non-occupied at the time, froze and pipes burst, no water pressure for 7+ days)
    4.Epic Rain, May 2020. Up to 20 inches in 5 hours. Lots of homes flooded, some that have never flooded before, others that this was the 2nd or 3rd time they had water in them in the past year.

Last Sunday was the 1st day I haven't worked since the storm landed. We are resilient, though.
    #KeepPushing

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Me too.

• Donw
    replied
    You have had so much thrown in your way this past year. I’m hoping that you are not impacted by all the rain falling in your area. Best wishes and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Yes sir!!!

• MeatMonster
    replied
    Arms across the sea Paul, one smokehouse survivor to another. May your smoke always be blue and your door have a queue. Click image for larger version

Name:	me.png
Views:	362
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1027555

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    tbob4, I am just now seeing this, we've been so busy fixing everything from the storm. THANK YOU SO!!! I'm heartbroken that I "just missed" them! My only consolation is that the food was up to standard. THANK YOU! and #WelcomeTotheRibList!

paul

• tbob4
    replied
    Ok - I have a review, an honest one from my son. He and his wife stopped here and unfortunately "just missed" Paul. I really wanted photos of the two together. They ordered brisket, ribs, green beans, baked beans, mac and cheese and corn. He gave the restaurant a big thumbs up. Some of what he told me "You know brisket. It is hard to find a restaurant that does it right. Everybody thinks they can do it, but it's really nice when you get brisket that is done right. It has a good bark, just the right amount of fat and it pulled apart perfectly. It was moist without being overly so."

Of the ribs - "I like tasting people's regional sauces but I like a rib that doesn't need the sauce. This was a rib that didn't need sauce. They were almost as good as yours." Come on Paul - don't be trying to pry my kid away from me.

Of the sides "The mac and cheese was good as were the baked beans. I expect them to be good, though. What I really liked were the green beans. They were salty without being overly so. I don't really know how to explain it. It is one of those things you have to taste and then you get it." He said his wife LOVED the corn. If he hadn't been impressed I wouldn't have written the review or quoted him.

As I have noted before, he is my BBQ restaurant guy. I typically don't go out to BBQ joints. So if you are driving through Lake Charles and want BBQ, make sure to stop in. If I get better photos I will post them. He is driving now and says his wife has the good pictures.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4476.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.51 MB ID:	963196Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4472.JPG Views:	2 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	963197Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4473.JPG Views:	2 Size:	5.22 MB ID:	963198
    Last edited by tbob4; December 26, 2020, 04:58 PM. Reason: Typing from phone stinks. Cleaned up with computer.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    I’m sending my son your way tomorrow, if you are open. He is hoping to get there around 3pm.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here