Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome rig, Paul ... but there's still something missing. May I suggest completing the ensemble with a lovely color coordinated pair of these?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Predator red shoes.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	230202

Comment

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are terrifying.

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      lolol I just don't know what to make of those shoes...other than making tracks AWAY from them!

Best wishes for much success with that beautiful setup!

Comment

PaulstheRibList .... that is a beautiful rig Paul! I love it. If I am ever in your neck of the woods, you can be assured that I will look you up and spend some money with you.

Meanwhile, let me know what your various social media handles and pages are and I will spread the love far and wide. I've got well over 1000 followers on Twitter and probably 500, or so, on Facebook. Most of them are Information Security peeps and many of them travel routinely. If a few of us visit you in our travels, we will get the word spread far and wide. Also, depending on your location, and mine as I travel for work, I may want some catering ;-)

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        ecowper, Isn't the social media thing useful and fun?

On Instgram and Twitter, my handle is @BishopofBBQ, and the truck's is @PaulsRibShack

On Facebook, it's facebook.com/PaulsRibShack

It would be super fun to share some barbecue with one of your peeps!

Great looking set up Paul. Wish you all the luck in the world in your new endeavor.

Comment

I congratulate you on your commitment, I still remember 32 years ago I jumped off a cliff and started my business. I love what i have done, I regret what i did wrong, I thank and praise everybody who had anything to do with my success, and I always look forward to tomorrow. Life is Good.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! What kind of business are you in?

• SMOG MAN
          SMOG MAN commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a 6 bay auto repair shop in La Mesa, California. It has been a wild ride, but I do love to be my own boss.

• PaulstheRibList
          Editing a comment
          @SMOG_MAN Super cool!!!

Thank you all for the encouragement! I was gone for much of the week to Ft. Lauderdale for a friend's laundry trade show, but I stayed up late on the day before I left to let you guys know about the new rig and smoker.

Here are the pic's from the 1st lighting of the new pit. 2 mostly full chimney's of charcoal, and 4 medium splits on there, and the pit had clean smoke and was at 250 degrees in about 8 minutes! The water pan is set for 1.5 inches of water, which is a great heat sink. I'm thinking that when you load it up with meat and need to kick up the fire, the higher water level may be needed.

Night time beauty, Barbecue style!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1119.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	230883

1st fire:

Name:	IMG_1121.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	230884

Fire through the side vent:

Name:	IMG_1125.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	230882

More pics of the Big Mixon coming!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Koy Schoppe
          Koy Schoppe commented
          Editing a comment
          PaulstheRibList you need to get your artist friend to create some kind of character out that smoker... It clearly has eyes, a nose, a mouth/teeth, and antenna! It could be your own pokemon!

Suh-weeeet!!!!! I'm gettin' chicken-skin, even from here!!!!
        Keep 'em comin', Paul!

Comment

WOW, PaulstheRibList , Beautiful rig and logo!

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers! Good luck, and we hope you have fun during this journey! Knock 'em out, and please keep us up to date!

rich

Comment

So awesome. Congrats PaulstheRibList

Comment

Beef Ribs on the Menu for this Sunday's hosting of my favorite artists, www.CrowderMusic.com. Here are a couple test shorties on the new rig on Sunday. They were great!

Name:	1 - Beef Ribs for Crowder.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	231506

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                It is going to be awesome Bishop... make sure to post some pics of Crowder enjoying some Q.

Iwantsome.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                Editing a comment
                I'm sure one of my neighbors will be getting a job transfer, etc. and there will be a spot nearby soon! Just think how great of friends our wives could be!

PaulstheRibList This could be us:

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                Editing a comment
                Well...I think we would see more food on the table...then a 2nd table with additional food! I think there are a sufficient number of kids in that picture, however.

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that's funny 🙄😂

Yikes! I growed up in a family of 11 kids, but I think they done got us out-proliferated!

Comment

I was hoping to see you demo this at the International Rice Festival in Crowley this weekend but it looks like you're not quite ready! Good luck and keep us posted - there's a good chance I'll be a patron if you cater Louisiana events and festivals.

Comment

i volunteer to be the quality assurance tester. i can hang out in the back...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here