Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Did you rebuild your home and stay there or did you move homes too? Very nice video Paul.

• eschmid2
    commented on 's reply
    Great thoughts on the business approach !! Best success to you !

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    I'll roll in a couple of updates in a few different posts.

Last year, we closed the original location of #theRibList, my house, which was destroyed by a Tornado Oct 27, 2021. It was our Bonus Natural Disaster. It was a small tornado, doing big damage to a dozen homes and some damage to a couple dozen more.

This is where all my barbecue learning happened, starting with the charcoal grill I had before, then the COS (Cheap Offset Smoker), WSM #1, then #2, then Lil' Tex, our first stickburner. Then #WhoDat, our gigantic Gravity Fed Cabinet. Then my Jambo, which I still love! (Jambo makes an appearance in this film...look for it!). There were others, too...But now we are Stick Burner People!

I brought a friend to help us say goodbye to that Chapter. It was touching, and I thought I would share it with Ya'll.

P.S. Bonus points if you can see and name all the smokers/grills in this vid!

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Paul. I hope this holiday season finds you safe, warm, healthy and doing well with rebuilding your home and keeping your business strong.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    replied
    Thank you for the greeting Paul. Somehow I missed your post about the tornado last November and just read about it now. What a terrible experience. I hope at this point you are fully recovered, or at least close and Happy Holidays to you, your family, and crews! I'm look forward to that update!

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers! and Happy Holidays!

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Merry Christmas to the Bishop of BBQ!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I have been thinking about you from time to time, but didn't want to bother you - you have so much on your plate. I do miss your updates, but I'm not trying to get you to post more often. Post when you can - we will be here my friend.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Great to hear from you! As noted a couple of years back, I sent my son to your restaurant and he gave you two thumbs up. Hope all is well with the rebuild and wishing you a Merry Christmas

• mrichie1229
    commented on 's reply
    I look forward to hearing your update! Praying that you and your family are building back better and stronger after what happened in 2021.

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    I miss being in thePit with ya'll! I will post a real update soon! In the meantime, enjoy some S'mores and Christmas Trees and Ribs!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4797.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1347554
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4876.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	1347555

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Can't wait to cook some ribs on it soon!

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Glad you're still smiling, Paul! Things are just things, but people are priceless.

From personal experience, I know that in a Truck vs. Jambo matchup, the Jambo wins!

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    Dang, so thankful you guys are all ok though. Wishing you a much lower stress future, I think your family has taken more than its share.

Leave a comment:

• ArtSob
    replied
    I stumbled upon the very beginning of your first posts yesterday when searching for info on barbecue trailers and Myron Mixon smokers. About two hours later I had gone through all 24 pages, following your amazing story. You are truly an inspiration for so many, and your attitude, faith, motivation, and example transcends barbecue. There is no doubt you will tackle this challenge like so many before, come out stronger and better, and energize so many others in the process. Much respect, brother!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here